King Tut in London Nov 2007 !!

Isis

Ancient Egypt Nut!
For all you other Ancient Egypt nuts out there :rolleyes:

Look who's coming to London in November!!!!!

King Tut and the Golden Age of the Pharaohs Exhibition

I have naturally already registered for individuals tickets...lol

It is going to be awesome for anybody interested in this. First time for 30 years that the exhibition has been in London:D:D:D:D

My DH and me are going:):):):)

When I was 13 I visited the Cairo museum and what I saw took my breath away! It was an awesome experience and still a very clear memory (it was eons ago).

Can't wait to go:D:D

Tracey
x

My DH and me are going:):):):)

When I was 13 I visited the Cairo museum and what I saw took my breath away! It was an awesome experience and still a very clear memory (it was eons ago).

Can't wait to go:D:D

Tracey
x

Oh, I'm glad it's not just me....:D:D:D

I know when I visited Egypt in 2000 it blew me away. Every palace and monument I saw was 300 times better than any documentary on the tele and really does take your breath away....:eek::D

Ohhh, I could go on for hours....lol....somebody stop me!!!!..:p;)

I know exactly what you mean! I went on the Kent Cruise, which was a school trip, so unfortunately only had one day in Egypt:( We docked in Alexandria and went by coach to Cairo. Visited the museum first then were told we were off to the pyramids (Giza), I imagined hours in the coach travelling through the desert, was shocked when we got to the top of a hill a couple of minutes drive and there they were in all their glory:D

I always promised myself I'd go back, not made it back yet though:( Kept having more and more children, now the children are getting older, plans are back on to go, then when they no longer want to holiday with us, it'll be the Inca trail!!!

You never know they may discover Atlantis by then too! Must learn to scuba dive in case they do ;)

Until then I've always got the discovery channel:D

Would love to hear more about your experiences in Egypt, where abouts have you been?

Tracey
x

Oh Tracey, me and you could share some good stuff here I think:D

I am off to bed shortly before I fall asleep but I wanted to come back and post to you before I did.

I will come back tommorow and I think we have a thread on the site that was all about Ancient Egypt, from a long time ago. I will dig it out and then tell you all about my Nile Cruise and what I saw:D

Best bit was a dawn flight to Abu Simbel. Watching the sun rise on the monument in total silence:D That picture will stay with me until I snuff it!!!!....lol

Lacey xx

Just went and found the thread in "Hobbies"...:D

Would my 8 year old son enjoy it do you think? We can get down to London for £9 on the train so might be a nice day out.

Would my 8 year old son enjoy it do you think? We can get down to London for £9 on the train so might be a nice day out.

I think he'd love it! Has he studied the Egyptians at school? It's part of the curriculem (sp?) here in Kent and 2 of my children have studied them, they can't wait to go and are 11 and 9.

Will definately be a great day out :):):)

Tracey
x

My gf is an Egypt nut and we saw it all in cairo museum when we went on a school trip there (posh school) and it was awesome. but that was 10 years ago now.

Back