Knitting chatter

beingmum

Love to chat to anyone who knits

Well I am not a knitter but really want to learn how to crochet...I am on maternity leave at the moment so finally getting a chance to do all the things I never had time to do before! We have received so many knitted and crocheted gifts for bubs that it has made me realise how good this skill really is!

Going to try and get some supplies this weekend and give it a go :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I love to knit, but I'm really crap at the tension. My stuff goes from tight to slack and back again - and I have to get my mum to cast on and cast off for me too ( :eek: ) but I do enjoy doing it! I'm aiming to really nail it this year and start to get it done properly.

Problem is I'm dyspraxic so I end up not being able to follow what I'm shown correctly.

Will have a look into it, thank you. Really want to get into crafty stuff like that. My friend made me a bobbly wool scarf, I absolutely love it, the most I can do is a crap tensioned square :D

I have almost finished my first knitting project...a little doll :) very addictive and utube is great
Last time I knit was for home ec when I was 14 I am now 33! Never too late. Will post a pic when its finished :)

I have almost finished my first knitting project...a little doll :) very addictive and utube is great
Last time I knit was for home ec when I was 14 I am now 33! Never too late. Will post a pic when its finished :)

Look forward to seeing it xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Oooh I am a knitter (and a cross stitcher but knitting at the mo) I would love to see what people are doing. My current project are three jumpers for my three nephews. One is 2 and the other two are 3 month old twins. I am knitting them dalek hoodies. I had to make up the pattern myself so it is taking me a while!

Reviving my crochet knowledge at the mo... Thank god for youtube! Am currently making an endless Granny square blanket. I am in absolute admiration of the great creative knitters and crochet ours out there. My nan was so wonderfully clever, me and my cousins had the most fab ponchos and looped cardigans.

I knitted these two for my Grandaughter who was born in March.
There is something special about hand knitted things.Especially when it's for a new born.:)

ddgc1u.jpg
mwb1jd.jpg

My mum knit my newborn loads and everyone commented so hard to buy cardigans in shops nowadays.

Attachments

• 1401656248701.jpg
    1401656248701.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 84
  • 1401656284580.jpg
    1401656284580.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 102
Awh thanks ladies any excuse to show her off. She's three months now :) what are you having done with your house??

Back