LADYBIRD'S!!!!

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
We are absolutely inundated with Ladybird's here on the North Norfolk coast......literally 1000's of the pesky little devil's......

I have had to fetch my washing in this morning because it was absolutely covered in ladybird's, they are in the house everywhere too, they are climbing up the outside of the window's, and you can see them all flying in the air.

The path to our greenhouse is so covered with them that I have swept it off twice already today.....

Apparently it's to do with the 'climate change' (what isn't) and the fact that a 7 spotted European ladybird has mated with our UK ladybird and it has produced all these flying pest's......

Have you got any where you live?

Still, far better than wasp's and flies any day.

Wow!!
I havent seen a ladybird for yeeeeeaaars!!
is it true that they bite? remember being "bitten" by one when i was a little girl... dont know what it did but it hurt!!

xx

I hope they don't start to bite, otherwise we will be full of bite's all over our bodies, there are so many ladybird's here it's unbelievable....

I live in Cheshire and so far this year I think I have probably seen about 3! I love ladybirds though, wish we had some more but maybe not quite as many as you have..........

We havent any, but there is an influx of frogs!!?? there is a river right by my office and whilst having a cig this morning before going in, there was about 8 hopping about - horrible things!!! :(

I live in cheshire and have seen a FEW, oh my gosh thats crazy!!! - that is the one insect i do like though. No others! lol. At least your not swarmed with wasps like you said!!

I've only seen 1 ladybird this year, but we have lots of frogs apparently at the base of our hedge. I love both, as they get rid of greenfly and slugs.

My husband found this report from somewhere in Colerado....perhaps they have emigrated!
Ladybug invasion paints Colorado town red

A Colorado reporter with a bug phobia faces his fears as he's covered head to toe in massive quantities of ladybugs.
By Stephanie Rogers
Mon, Jul 13 2009 at 1:38 PM EST

colorado-ladybugs.jpg

Oh my gosh.......I love ladybird's even though we have so many of them at the moment, but I would'nt want to be covered head to toe with them, ugh!!!!

We have a lot of frog's too, that's unusual as we live near the sea, apart from the nearby Norfolk Broads we have no fresh water around us.....

Both the frogs and the lady birds are doing our garden good, and my chickens are eating the slugs - so my veggie's etc are doing well this year.

Donnie I love it in Norfolk, we used to go every year when I was younger, last year we went to Hemsby near Great Yarmouth, we have always had great weather there too. We would have gone this year but left it too late and money is too tight to have a holiday now.
Have you had much good weather this year?

Yes, we have had a lot of rain and thunder storms - but a lot of sunny hot days too, it's beautiful again today.

Great Yarmouth is where I do my shopping - it's about 12 miles away from us and not as busy as the city of Norwich which is about 15 miles away there are still the big named household high street shops in and around Yarmouth - not as big as in Norwich but big enough for me, it has a big fab market too.

And as I have a mobility scooter - Yarmouth is well catered for them, it really is a lovely seaside town.

I hope you manage to get this way again very soon. X

Yes I'll definatley try to get there soon, the kids love it too. we always go strawberry picking too which for some reason we can't find anywhere near to here that does it. Its probobly too wet here! lol

Back