Las Iguanas syns

helzzz

loves SW!!
It's my friend's birthday and we're going out for a meal tomorrow night to las iguanas. The menu doesn't have any nutritional info but I've chosen what I'm going to eat (I don't like a lot of the stuff on the menu as it's too spicy).

Do you think I've synned it up more or less ok? Obviously I've guessed at the syns.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]T –[/FONT][FONT=&quot]CHIMICHANGA[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Crisp tortilla parcel, (10) delivered with homemade salsa (4tbs = 2), guacamole (4tbs = 6), soured cream (4tbs = 6), garlic & coriander rice & refried beans. Packed with: Roast butternut squash, iron-rich spinach, cheese (a) & chickpeas [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](Add 10 syns for oil???)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks
[/FONT]

Isnt a chimachanga basically a deep fried burrito, and hence the last thing I would choose?!!!

I'd go EE and try and go for meat+veg + rice, and avoid any breads (tortillas, wraps, tacos etc) Also, avoid sour cream and Guacamole. I dont think the contents of the chimichanga are any less spicy than the ingredients of other items. Maybe ask the staff what is less spicy.

Is Las Iguanas a national chain then? I always thought it was just a local (Bristol) chain.

Mandy296 is spot on - a Chimichanga is a deep fried burrito.

I went to Las Iguanas for a work outing the other week, and went for the Pasteles. It's described on the menu as: 'A Chilean version of shepherd’s pie, spicy sweet potato, butternut squash & chickpeas topped
with creamy mashed sweetcorn & served with Salad or Chilli & garlic buttered potatoes & fine
green beans'. I had it with salad (asked for no dressing) and it was really yummy. The only thing was the creamed sweetcorn was quite buttery, and there was a sprinkling of cheese over the top. All the same, it wasn't a huge portion, but had enough starchy stuff inside to keep me content.

I lost 3lbs that week, so it obviously didn't do me too much harm.

D'oh! Really glad I asked. It just goes to show that menus aren't always as accurate as you'd like as there's no mention of deep fried on the menu. I'm now thinking of PUERTO RICAN PAELLA
Traditional dish of rice in a sofrito of tomato, garlic, saffron, onion, peas, peppers & cayenne with butternut squash, asparagus, sugar snap peas, palm hearts & mushrooms. Does this sound like a better choice? I'm thinking the only syns will be any oil used and as I'd allowed 34 for the meal I'm hoping it'll be less than that. I looked at the chilli but I think the tortillas and tortilla chips would be my undoing.

Thanks so much for the heads up guys - so glad I asked the question!!!!

D'oh! Really glad I asked. It just goes to show that menus aren't always as accurate as you'd like as there's no mention of deep fried on the menu. I'm now thinking of PUERTO RICAN PAELLA
Traditional dish of rice in a sofrito of tomato, garlic, saffron, onion, peas, peppers & cayenne with butternut squash, asparagus, sugar snap peas, palm hearts & mushrooms. Does this sound like a better choice? I'm thinking the only syns will be any oil used and as I'd allowed 34 for the meal I'm hoping it'll be less than that. I looked at the chilli but I think the tortillas and tortilla chips would be my undoing.

Thanks so much for the heads up guys - so glad I asked the question!!!!

I'd think that would be an excellent choice, free rice and tons of superfree veg. Bound to cooked in a little bit of oil, but when eating out there's not a lot you can do about that.

I reckon you have plenty of syns left over for some sangria or cocktails (I'm assuming thats where all your syns will be going ;))

Enjoy!

Oooh, that choice sounds yummy! Hope you have a brilliant evening. :)

Just to report back that the paella was gorgeous! A bit spicy for me so I drank a litre of water with it. I also had a couple of cheeky glasses of sangria which were amazing (I don't normally drink). I lost 1lb this week and I probably wouldn't had I had the chimichangas so thanks for the advice guys.

Back