loosing the will HELP

What is it that makes you think you can't do it?

Imagine yourself when you've reached your target weigh, wearing the thing you most want to wear and feeling fantastic because you've done so well, are much healthier and fitter and look fantastic.

You can do it! you've done well up until here and you can continue to do well. Believe in yourself.

me again just weighed in and iv put on five and half pound in 3 weeks, i just cant stay away from wine, iv been so good all these months and just before i began t get closer tomy target iv screwed up

me again just weighed in and iv put on five and half pound in 3 weeks, i just cant stay away from wine, iv been so good all these months and just before i began t get closer tomy target iv screwed up
I have the same unhealthy relationship with wine, otherwise known as "liquid cake". I'm sure it triggers something in my brain (the same bit that cigarettes used to before I quit a few years ago I think) Basically I will keep drinking it until the bottle is finished, then start on the next one! I tried buying a wine box in the hope that I wouldn't have the "oh well, there's only a small galss left in it so it's not worth saving it, I might as well drink it" scenario and could just have one or two small glasses as my syns. BIG mistake! Suffice it to say I was ill :party0016:

So now I do not have wine in the house at all. If I want it I have to go out and buy it and at the moment I only allow myself to buy 2 of the small bottles at a time. Then I can drink the whole bottle. I find I really appreciate it more when I do have it and savour the flavour more instead of chucking it down like pop. If I'm going out I either offer to drive - knowing I can't drink then, or stick to beer or G&T as I don't have a problem staying within reasonable limits on those.

Don't let it ruin your weight loss, you've done so well. Wine puts weight on specifically around your middle and also messes with your moods too, so probably not helping with your motivation either. Good luck xxxx

Hiya,

I'm relatively newly back on the wagon having tried and kind of failed in the past.

I'm now about 4 weeks in and I had a bad week before last so naughtily skipped last weeks weigh in telling myself i'll lose the 2lb put on and hopefully get back on track however after a sneaky go on the scales this evening, to my horror i'm back at 3lb back on even though yesterday I was 1lb off!!!

So i'm too feeling slightly annoyed and demoralised:(

Your losses are fantastic and you really should keep at it, i'm just hoping I have as much sucess as you!

Good luck,
Jo

Back