Lozengers

cah-ching

Gold Member
I'm having a tough time of things. I've come down with a cold and I have a sore throat. Some of you may have read elsewhere that I suffer with tonsillitus at the mere whiff of a cold in the air. Already my throat has started to 'go'.

I'm sucking Sugar Free Strawberry Strepsils. The ingredients are:

Active Ingredients
2,4-Dichlorobenzyl alcohol 1.2mg
Amylmetacresol 0.6mg.

Also contains:
Isomaltitol (E953)
Maltitol Syrup (E965)
Tartaric Acis
Strawberry Flavor
Sodium Saccharin (E954)
Ponceau 4R (E124)

GEEE WHIZZZZZZ

Just typing that has made me feel dubious about sucking another one! Just in case I get really desperate, are these permissible on Cambridge (even though I've just fallen off the wagon by eating a chicken sandwich - back on tomorrow)

Many thanks in advance .....

Hi, I have got a horrible sore throat too so I can sympathise on this. I looked at the Strepsils and decided against based on the ingredients. I'm currently gargling with Sage tea which a herbal friend recommended. I think it's OK as all I'm doing is putting the leaves in hot water and then gragling or drinking the tea at work (anything else is a bit antisocial for my colleagues:) )

HTH Soraya

The only thing is the ingredients that I dont like is the maltitol syrup. I am not sure if it will knock you out of ketosis or not. My diabetic sisters has them and it doesn't effect her sugar levels but a CDC should be along in a min to advise you x Get well soon.

Back