Lunches and snacks for uni???!!!!

Teeneyweeny

Iv been a gold member for over a year now and usually hang around the 9 stone mark!! I have recently returned to uni for a degree in teaching and as it is full time I need to bring food with me! There is no micro or ne thing to warm stuff! And the on site coffee shop and restaurant are off limits as r filled wit chips, pizza, buns n paninis!!! Help me!!!

I'm in a similar situation, as our microwave has gone AWOL at work. I'm tending to take pasta salad with me most days (Tesco do a nice tuna & chilli pasta salad for £1, and have a few others in the range...as I'm on 59pp a day and have a lot of points to spare I'm tending to eat the lot for 12pp, but that's a huge portion! Half a tub, maybe?) Other than that, couscous makes a nice lunch either hot or cold...I forget the pp off the top of my head, but I recall a recipe in the WW magazine a while back for a couscous salad. Just do the couscous up with a stock cube, and add points free veg of your choice. Makes a yummy lunch imo.

Thanks bolero!! It's a pain cu the only places to sit and eat are the cafes n canteens! So there is so much cheap (in pounds) treats on offer which are expensive in pro points!!!!

I've been taking pitta breads with ham and a yoghurt into college with me - granted, I'm on a lot more points, but you can get bagels from WW which may work? I know how you feel though, it was torture seeing my friends eating cheese and tomato panini's! xxx

Hi hu, I can imaine how hard it is, I put on 90% of my fat when I was at college. there are hundreds of things you can do. heat up baked beans till they are boiling and put the in a flask, and buy some toast from the coffee shop, stews, and soups can all be taken in flasks. dont forget cup soup and other hot water instant stuff, I'm sure the coffee shop would let you have warm water. if not take your own :)

Salads, pasta salad, veg and meat kebabs, cous cous, pittas, wraps, crudites, fruit salads and yogurt, cereal bars, oriental noodles salads, no joke i used ot make low fat super noodles with a flask of hot water a fork and a lunch box ;) there is so many things you can do :) xxx

Last edited:
Thanks so much!! Think I'll buy a a flask at weekend!! There so handy and as its cumin to winter I'll need something to keep me cosy!! U hav loads of ideas!!! Thanks so much!!!!! Xxx

Thanks so much!! Think I'll buy a a flask at weekend!! There so handy and as its cumin to winter I'll need something to keep me cosy!! U hav loads of ideas!!! Thanks so much!!!!! Xxx

your welcome :) just make sure when you put your food in it's as hot as it can be :)

happy uni munching!!!

xxx

*sarah-lou* said:
Hi hu, I can imaine how hard it is, I put on 90% of my fat when I was at college. there are hundreds of things you can do. heat up baked beans till they are boiling and put the in a flask, and buy some toast from the coffee shop, stews, and soups can all be taken in flasks. dont forget cup soup and other hot water instant stuff, I'm sure the coffee shop would let you have warm water. if not take your own :)

Salads, pasta salad, veg and meat kebabs, cous cous, pittas, wraps, crudites, fruit salads and yogurt, cereal bars, oriental noodles salads, no joke i used ot make low fat super noodles with a flask of hot water a fork and a lunch box ;) there is so many things you can do :) xxx

Love.your ideas. Currently battling the same problem of ideas. Getting bored of ham rolls now!! Xx

Yeah i can imagine, i dont like ham rolls at the besy of times! It was my mum who jad the great idea about the flask originallybecause ahe used to do it for us as kids. We were fussy eaters as childrem, but probably not in the way you would think. I lived 15 miles feom my secondary school and had to take an 2hr school coach journey every morn and every night. Juring the winters we wereny allowed inside during the winters really we had tp brave it for an hour a day, plus i hated school food, so mum would send me with a flask, with chicken stew, curry, chilli and rice, sausage and bean cassarole and mash pots or rice every day to warm me up and keep me full :) my mum is a genius! Lol

Fat free or low fat cottage cheese with a plastic spoon, i eat straight from the tub then throw it all away! Simples :)

Back