Macaroni cheese

Kate1978

Does anyone have a syn free or low syn recipe for macaroni cheese?

x

Pete’s Macaroni Cheese

Serves 4 people

Ingredients

Coleman’s Four Cheese Sauce Mix (9.5 Syn /4 people =< 2.5 Syns each)
300mL low Fat Milk (from daily allowance)
90g Low Fat Cheddar (2 Hea/4=0.5 Hea) or 100g/4=3.5syns each
1 Tsp. Colman’s Mustard Powder
1 Large tomato, sliced thinly (s)(sff)
Sainsbury’s 100% Bulgar Wheat Macaroni (ff)
(200g starter meal)(300g main meal)

Method

Place macaroni in a saucepan of boiling water, add salt and boil for 8 mins for “Al Dente” or 10-12 mins fully cooked.
Remove and place in a sieve to remove water, empty water from the saucepan.

Put the Four Cheese packet contents, and the mustard into a medium sized saucepan, mix a small amount of the milk, stir to a paste, and add the rest of the milk while heating the mix until it boils, stirring continuously, simmer for 2 mins or until it thickens.

Tip the Macaroni into the sauce, mix together then pour into an oven-proof dish, cover with sliced tomatoes then add the grated Cheddar and place in a hot oven (180c) until the cheese melts.
Enjoy with a salad.

Macaroni Cheese-3 (Small).JPG

It does look delicious, I will definitely try your recipe as I really miss macaroni cheese! Thank you for sharing.

I used to use Carr's sauce flour, water and my HEAs of cheese (or HEAs of cheese and milk) to make a cheese sauce to pour over cooked pasta. I think it worked out at 2syns for the lot.

Macaroni Cheese - one of my fav.. will try this receipe this week

I have done SW on jamie's cauliflower macaroni cheese - adds the veg for the 1/3 superfree and with the low fat options for the creme fresh and cheese (and using hexs) is 4 syns a portion. I can post if anyone is interested....

JulesyR said:
I have done SW on jamie's cauliflower macaroni cheese - adds the veg for the 1/3 superfree and with the low fat options for the creme fresh and cheese (and using hexs) is 4 syns a portion. I can post if anyone is interested....

Yes please :) x

I make my macaroni cheese using a tub of lowlow to use up my hexa its lovely as are the laughing cow blue cheese triangles i made a lovely sauce with chopped parma ham, chestnut mushrooms and triangles so tasty and creamy i used syns to mix with gnocci but could have put on pasta

I make macaroni cheese using extra light philly and mix with water to thin down cook pasta add veggies to pasta i.e. peppers, chopped frozen veg (I cook with pasta nr end) mushrooms etc and mix altogether. put into pyrex dish and top with tomatoes sliced and a small helping of parmesan which I syn 1 tbsp. 1.5 syns and grill. Even though the cheesy mixture looks thin at first the grill dries it out sooo yummy and easy

There is also a lovely recipe for macaroni cheese in this months SW magazine.

Back