making the right choices!!

Hi All,
Was just wondering if you could advice me on the best choices to make from this menu :

Christmas Pud.
Grilled Figs with marscapone.
White choc Panacotta.
Banana and bailey bread and butter pud.

Turkey n trimmings.
steak and red onion compote.
Poached monkfish n prawn with a creamy dilll sauce.
Lamb cutlet.
Mushroom n asparagus risotto.

Parsnip soup.
sauteed crevetes and Chorizo in hot chilli sauce.
chicken n duck terrine n chutney.
roasted peppers stuffed with fennel.
flat mushrooms topped with bacon n goats cheese.
(notice i put the puds first Lol:p)

I wouldn't like to guess which were the best, but it sounds like a scrummy Christmas menu. I had the same dilema the other day when chosing mine for our Christmas meal, but have decided that it only comes around once a year, so 1 meal out having what you fancy and know you'll enjoy won't hurt, and the following morning just start back on track. I think otherwise if you dont just choose what you'd really like, you'll be counting points all night and not relax properly (I would anyway :)).

I just say choose what appeals to you most and enjoy EVERY mouthful as you will be right back on track the following morning.

Well done you though for trying to choose the best options, I wish my willpower was so good.:D

xxxx

Parsnip soup or the stuffed peppers would be better for the starter, then I think maybe the lamb cutlets or steak would be good. Turkey on it's own would be really good, but then you have the trimmings and it all starts adding up - and who could leave chipolata's, stuffing and roasties untouched on their plate?!

I think those desserts are all pretty similar points wise- well in my head they are anyway!

mmmmmm sounds lovely!! like already mentioned if it was me id just let myself go on the night and enjoy the set menu as was mentioned it does come once a year and u could actually work for it in advance y not save 4 points a day and work up some activity points for it then pull back for the rest of the week and stay on track all of the following week thats my plans for my xmas dinner xx

I would choose:

grilled figs with marscapone
poached monkfish
roasted peppers.

I think these are probably some of the lower point choices but still probably quite a lot of points altogether. Maybe try saving up some points or doing some exercise to earn a few bonus points?

Enjoy whatever you choose :D xx

if puds are your thing i would let yourself have whatever you want pudding wise and make up for it with wise choices for the rest..

i would choose the roasted peppers to start - the parsnip soup is probably going to be a creamy one.. and one of the first 3 for main course - monkfish and prawns are extremely low calorie, and i'm pretty sure you could ask for the sauce to be served on the side or not at all as places are generally pretty good with dietary requests :)

Christmas Pud.
Grilled Figs with marscapone.
White choc Panacotta.
Banana and bailey bread and butter pud.

Turkey n trimmings.
steak and red onion compote.
Poached monkfish n prawn with a creamy dilll sauce.
Lamb cutlet.
Mushroom n asparagus risotto.

Parsnip soup.
sauteed crevetes and Chorizo in hot chilli sauce.
chicken n duck terrine n chutney.
roasted peppers stuffed with fennel.
flat mushrooms topped with bacon n goats cheese.

Back