Marks and Spencer Wholemeal Pitta

Ally89

Gold Member
I know its not online but the fibre content in the Marks and Spencer wholemeal pitta is higher than the asda ones by nearly a gram. So I'm wondering does anyone know if you could use these as HEb (I know tesco/morrisons ones you can't)?

Nutritional info on the Marks pittas...cals 137g, protein 6g, carbs 24.2g, fat 1.8g, fibre 4.1g

Asda's is cals 132, protein 7g, carbs 24g, fat 0.9g, fibre 3.3g.

Well if it's not on the list then no, it's not a HEX. It's up to you if you want to use it anyway.

The fat is a bit higher so maybe that has something to do with it? I dont know, but at the minute it's not on the HEX list, sorry.

yeah i thought it might be to do with the fat too. Might ring slimming world when i finish work, but i reckon it is cos of the fat.

Maybe, although the calories are almost identical. SW works in mysterious ways :rolleyes: :D

I've emailed (probably end up ringing as well later!) but they will probably take forever to reply. Its probably just out of the threshold for the fat content or something. We'll see if not i will have to go Asda for my next lot of pittas.

I went off to the Co op, got loads, and then just got them out of the packet, wrapped them individually and bunged em in the freezer, so I dont have to trek out again/waste any :D

I think Im gonna do the same with my bread as Im hardly eating any, by the time Ive had 4 slices the rest of the loaf is green! (This is Nimble - it didnt happen with WW bread so god knows what army of chemicals were in that! :rolleyes: )

I noticed that with weightwatchers, doesn't go off for ages. A loaf doesn't last long in our house anyway, not with my dad who claims to be on slimming world with me but isn't. I don't seem to eat much bread myself, so if it was just me eating it, it would be there for weeks turning green! Think I will have to freeze my pittas, they won't all get eaten otherwise.

What are the ingredients in the M&S one? The Asda and Co-op pitta breads are very unprocessed with only three or four ingredients. Others like the Tesco ones have a long list of additives, preservatives and oils which I suspect is why they don't count even though the nutritional info and fibre content is almost identical

I'll check when i get home. Unless I can find the ingredients online.

Nope, can't find them online so i'll look later.

There's Olive Oil in them that would be why they're not HEb. Other than that they are just wholemeal flour, wheatflour, water, yeast and salt. Oh dear, had two today cos they need using, guess I'll have to syn them.

They'd got some in morrisons too but same ingredients but no olive oil, but fibre wasn't very high, so they wouldn't be HEb either. I need a trip to asda.

I just got a response back from SW and they said they don't meet requirements which I guessed from the olive oild. But they said only Co-op pitta bread meets the requirements and didn't mention asda :O

Asda chosen by you wholemeal pitta 6 pack is on the hexb list on the website. I bought 2 packs the other day so it had better be correct! :)

I bought two packs from coop the other day and froze them as they were reduced to 39p, I've got them reduced to 49p before as well, just hope its not a sign that I'm the only person who buys them from that coop otherwise they might stop stocking them lol

Asda chosen by you wholemeal pitta 6 pack is on the hexb list on the website. I bought 2 packs the other day so it had better be correct! :)

Sadly the HE list is nothing to go on at the moment, half of it still has the old HE values instead of the new. They're a little slow updating, but if they are on there, I would still have them. I've been eating the Marks ones as HE's anyway to get rid of them (I know, I'm naughty)

That's true (lord knows how long they are going to take to do it and it's very poor if you ask me) but someone phoned by the Syn Helpline and they confirmed the asda pitta breads are still HEbs. :)

So now we know its either Asda or Co-op. Might take a trip to one or the other tomorrow.

Back