Metformin

oh yes! The wonders of the met tummy gurgle! I got that alot but yet still didn't shift any weight (tres curious!) but it also made me really dizzy, hot, headachy and in the end I passed out, wacked my head in the process and ended up in hospital for 6 days. My blood sugar went down too low and the only reason they could think of for this was the met. Just goes to show, the same things don't suit everyone. Other than a magic wand of course which I am still trying to locate on e-bay!!!

oh yes! The wonders of the met tummy gurgle! I got that alot but yet still didn't shift any weight (tres curious!) but it also made me really dizzy, hot, headachy and in the end I passed out, wacked my head in the process and ended up in hospital for 6 days. My blood sugar went down too low and the only reason they could think of for this was the met. Just goes to show, the same things don't suit everyone. Other than a magic wand of course which I am still trying to locate on e-bay!!!

Omg, poor you. Yeah the Met. lowers blood sugar to safer level in a diabetic like me but I'd imagine if a person had normal BS suchas yourself then it'd lower it. Pretty scary!:eek: How were you on a lower dosage, say 1000mg (2 a day?)

Hi all
Just wanted to say my dr prescibed met for Pcos insulin resistant I had been taking it for over 18 months it didnt do anything for regulating my periods. I have just stopped taking it just over wk ago as found i'm 28+ preg and didnt know. I have other illnesses it masked it and 2 hospital neg test and one home neg test but just over wk ago did 4 as couldnt believe it. Stopped all meds till my GTT tom am, on a bank hol. I know that taking met while early preg can stop miscaridge that prob while I keep this one have lost one and maybe another dr bit unsure due to hormone levels. Now know was as the hormone levels in this preg didnt get picked up till 28 wks

Ali

Back