My 7 month Xenical journey is coming to an end

ctsw2001

Well my complete Xenical journey is coming to an end. I went to see my Doctor today and I’m now on my last few weeks supply now.

I was prescribed Xenical in early April as my weight was up to 17 stone. After a couple of “mishaps” I got used to what I had to stay away from. At the same time I made a conscious effort to do more exercising.

I don’t think personally that the tablets are loosing the weight for me but they assist me in making the right food decisions and only by exercising TOO will you see real benefits quicker.

Weight Loss
Was very consistent usually loosing 2 or 3 lbs a week and in one week lost 7 lbs. Plateaued out after a few months but increased my exercise and shifted the last half stone.

Exercise
Was very very unfit at the start but I now do 100+ miles on my bike a week and completed my first half marathon in September. Joined the gym to see me through the winter months.

Measurements

BEFORE Neck 18”
Waist 42”
Weight 17 st

NOW Neck 15.5”
Waist 32”
Weight 13 st 3 lbs

Tips that worked for me

Food
Stick to low fat foods and meals. I used a lot of Weight Watcher meals and just added extra veg to bulk me up.

Keep all temptations well out of reach. If you know they are they there is a good chance you’ll struggle to resist the pleasures.

If you need to be bad, accept it and try and make an effort to do more exercise the following day – it’s a good trade off.

I’m a bit of a night owl, so if your going to snack later on stick to veg or fruit. Carrot sticks / raspberries and grapes kept me going.

TRY and eat at set times and plan ahead to what your going to eat.

Try shopping online, much easier to resist any temptations when you go through the tills.

Exercise
Try different things and concentrate on the activity that gives you most pleasure. I persevered with running until I got my bike out. Can’t put it away now I love cycling so much now.

Gym, not everyone’s cup of tea and mine neither. I hate going but found that mixing it up with a class helps.

Family

The kids don’t eat much crap anyway but it does help if “everyone” in the house is helping you along with a healthy diet and lifestyle.

OVERALL

As I’ve said before just taking Xenical won’t work. I really do believe in exercising as well. I lost 4 st before in 2004 and put it back on again over an 18 month period, how – by stopping my exercising first then eating all the wrong things again.

I won’t make the same mistake again this time around.

Thanks for all your support and helpful advice on the site, and I'll site a before and after pic later on tonight.

ctsw2001

Craig

Congratulations and well done Craig!

6bthzdt.gif

Wonderful post and very informative and inspiring!

Thank you!:thankyou:

Love Mini xxx

wow what a fab post!! you must be so proud!!!!

you are an inspiration to every one on here!

Are you going to take any particular route diet wise in order to maintain

well done!!

love katie
xx

wow that is fantastic!! you must be sooo proud!!

your an inspiration to every one!!

are you going to follow any route in order to ensure you maintain? I ask this cos this is what scares me! hehehe

welldone!

love katie

well done craig, so encouraging to hear of successes when your just starting, proves that it can be done and that there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Wow craig congratulations.. i hope in a few months time i can be doing the same kind of post...

Good luck with maintaining all the best!

congrats!!!!
oh i hope that i can be one of those lovely sucess stories!!
Hope things go well.. and keep popping on here to let us all know how you are doing!!

Well done!! What an achievement. I hope that I'll have the same success as you have had. I'll take your advice and do more exercise.

xx

sorry post went on twice... haveing a little trouble tonight!

well done!

Back