My First Ever Attempt At Homemade Soup

kt_baybeh

Gym Addict!!!
Hi All

Well...i got a spangly hand blender for Christmas along with some electric scalea!

Not the typical Christmas Pressies for a 21 year old right...?

Well here is the fruits of my labour! I made veggie soup!!

Onion, Carrot, Swede, Potato and vegetable stock, seasoned with salt and pepper!!

163658_10150115050671882_511776881_7693734_3577336_n.jpg

Kate

That actually looks really nice! I'm 23 and i got a washing machine for Christmas ;)

Hey Kate :)

Your soup looks yum! I got a food processor for Christmas from my parents so I too am going to become a soup fiend. Going to make my first tomorrow and might steal your idea! So everything since Christmas has been chopped, diced or gratered in the new processor!

Last year I got a slow cooker... and the year before that a tumble dryer! Lol so we can be in a club together of slightly odd but extremely useful Christmas prezzies!

Oh and I am getting a steamer for my birthday! :)

Claire xx

I'm 20, 21 in a couple of weeks and I got a slow cooker, a toastie maker (even though I don't like toasties!) and some weird stone cooking thing haha
I think its normal for 20somethings that are on slimming world!

god I love soup!!

My handblender has also been invaluable for making Mackeral Pate (pack of smoked Mackerel fillets, blended with Quark, lemon juice and some pepper) and blending chick peas for sin free onion bhagi's too. Oh and making breadcrumbs for breaded mushrooms (HEb portion of bread), but that's usually messy!

Im 21 and got a mini chopper, a blender and an icecreammaker! ha!

What is that??
Its like a round stone with handles on it... pampered chef i think is the company. Honestly I don't think I'll ever use it though. Maybe as a place to put... uhh... no nothing springs to mind. :(
I think you're meant to make pizzas on it or something

Pizza-Stone.jpg

something like this?
Yes! Except mine doesnt have metal handles, they're just sort of shaped into the stone.
I never make pizza's really so I don't know why my mother of all people got it for me >_< I cant see what else you'd use it for

The hand blender is fab for soups, I use mine all the time. Have added a couple of recipes for lentil and potato/leek soup in the SW Recipes section, you should try them if you're into the veggie soups, they're really nice.

Yes! Except mine doesnt have metal handles, they're just sort of shaped into the stone.
I never make pizza's really so I don't know why my mother of all people got it for me >_< I cant see what else you'd use it for

good for DIY pita and flat breads as well as regular breads..

leave it in the bottom of the oven or on a low rack to help stabilise the heat in your oven, it's thermal mass means you don't lose all that heat if you open the door to check something in there.

Slightly off topic-ish but im 28 and I got take that tickets and a tiffany ring among other things... no household presents for me OH and the rest of my family know I would kill them if they even considered the idea - household items are to come out of wages they are not presents!! However the soup looks nice!!

elb4160 said:

I use it for everything, anything you'd use a baking tray for you can use a stone for. You need to season it first tho, cook something on it with fat in it ( not ideal for SW) and don't wash it up, rinse off with hand hot water and use the little brown scraper to get stuff off. Sorry for the long winded post!

Back