well i share

Planting flowers ( I suppose?)
Planting herbs - like my herbs!
Landscaping I think i could say!
gardeneing (getting there again!)
Exercising
Shopping for bargains (definitely!)
reading magazines
Most crafts and sewing (including scrapbooking)
E mailing (although i like the simplicity of pm'ing more, easier to access)

and I like
using the internet (of course!)
watching tv and films
Discovering lower calorie products (yay)
Cats
Music
Health and fitness and weight related anything!
DIY, general decorating and styling
Pampering myself with face masks! (ooh that chocolate one!!!)
Self Help (getting into that lately)
Shopping (even if no bargains!)
True crime (reading and solving, not actually doing any!)
Gossip!
Scrabble blast lol
I dont know if eating chocolate is a hobby but i enjoy it immensly!

pretty typical female interests I think!

oh yeh, and nagging, i like to nag

Wow, you two are so busy, how on earth do you find time to fit everything in?

I am sharing my hobbies with you all.

1. playing computer games:
2. taking up different sports: football, handball, basketball, gymnastics, volleyball
3. playing a musical instrument: piano, guitar
4. looking after a pet: cat, dog, hamster, fish, parrot
5. bird watching, which means getting ready with binoculars and lots of patience and climbing mountains in order to watch eagles, for example
6. horse riding
7. collecting things: stamps, badges, postcards, pens

My hobbies are:

Karate
Kickboxing
Swimming
Crochet
Party planning (actually do it as a business but can't resist getting involved with friends plans!)
Shopping
Reading
Sudoku (all varieties)

I work very long hours so I don't have time for the extensive lists you guys have!

Wow, you all have so many hobbies, how do you fit them all in?

I'm not sure I even qualify to submit to this thread with the pathetic amount of hobbies I have..if you can even call them that, but they are as follows: (ahem - clears throat)

Gyming (sorry, had to say that didn't I) - a necessary evil, but I enjoy it when I go.

Card making - got a bit of arty streak in me that refuses to lie still, pretty crap at it though.

Internet and all things web-based - in fact, I enjoy this one so much I am seriously contemplating returning to college to get some sort of IT (internet trollop) based qualification...just not sure what - all suggestions gratefully received :D

There are so many IT courses available. Grab a perspectus from your local college and have a browse, see what takes your fancy and go for it!

Ill add mine too...

Also growing herbs
My puppy Mollie
Walking
Traveling
Reading
Shopping(even though half the stuff looks terrible on me lol)
VW classic cars and campers
Swimming (but not been in so long as im too embarrest to wear a swim suit,but not for long lol)

xxx

Mine are pathetic compared to youz lot:

All things tinterwebby
Cooking (and eating, unfortunately)
Buying stuff for the garden and then supervising their planting
Reading
Travelling to new places
Photography

I enjoy:
Reading
Baking
Cooking
Salsa-cize
Shopping
Scrapbooking
Cards
Photography
Entertaining
Blogging

minimins lol

lol fun a puppy is the best hobby ever!

You guys have loads of hobbies, i'm afraid i'm a bit more boring.

-Video Games
-Squash
-TV
-Writing

mine are pretty dull too:

gaming
reading
watching loooooads of films
knitting
swimming (although swimming costume gives me shudders at the mo so am abstaining)

can you tell i'm fairly stationary most of the time!!

abz xx

Well my hobbies have limited activity too:

Scrap-booking
Card Making
Patchwork & Quilting
Soft Furnishings
Reading
Cooking
Internet forums...

LOL - I sew soft furnishings!

ooh. what kind of things sam? you seem to be talented in all kinds of useful things :D

i do love making jewellery but haven't done so for years. i have lost the patience, ha. i love knitting whilst watching a film but it's so expensive to knit a decent jumper!! i don't know how people could possibly make a profit on it!! except on kid's clothes. could do one of them in a day if i wanted to...

abz xx

I'm really envious of people who can knit and make clothes! I'd love to do that but I'm a klutz with a knitting needle.

My hobbies/interests:
Keeping and breeding invertebrates - giant african land snails, stick insects, beetles, aquatic snails
Keeping reptiles
Playing my Nintendo DS (I'm playing Zelda:phantom Hourglass at the moment)
Playing my guitar, sometimes I write music

Things I would like to try:

A jewellery-making course, I'd love to learn how to make dichroic glass
Scuba diving
Piano lessons (I can play a little, but self-taught, so rubbish really!)

ooh. what kind of things sam? you seem to be talented in all kinds of useful things :D abz xx

Soft furnishings: curtains, pelmets, cushions etc. I only do it for myself, the same with the patchwork & quilting.

I have never liked knitting or sewing clothes. By the time I've knitted/sewn a garment I've gone right off it.

Papercrafting is my present craft addiction - for the past two years I've had on-line store selling scrapping supplies. It's a labour of love, and I still need to work so I've made a bit of a rod for my own back really.

~~~

Wow Skinkwitch those are different interests to the norm re pets. Do you have problems with GALS breeding often?

there's a glass making course run at a local college that looks amazing. one of the women i used to work with went and to hear her talk about the stained glass and things she made!! i can't afford it right now. i was doing my sign language level 1 at the time and will hopefully be doing level 2 by the time the next one comes out... also i work shifts so evening classes can be difficult to get to. definately something i would love to do at some point though.

and sam. your house must be FULL of lovely things. my wee house is miniscule. if i buy a new vase or something some serious rearranging has to be done!!

abz xx

Back