My journey so far

Hello all.

I thought it'd best to keep myself motivated by reminding myself of how far I've come so far and sharing this with all of you fellow SW members :)
I first joined SW in January, but fell off the wagon as my mind wasn't fully into changing my bad eating habits. I've been overweight pretty much for as long as I can remember and have been left somewhat scarred by the effects of being forced onto a variety of 'diets' as a child - Weight Watchers, SlimFast and even Lighter Life, which left me ill with gastritis in hospital. Given all of this, I've had to gather up a lot of strength and have a lot of difficult conversations with loved ones about my issues (facing up to your mistakes is never fun). Once this was all done however, I re-joined SW in March - a different meeting venue to the one I went to previously. I went along with a new sense of determination - a weird fire in my belly that I haven't felt before.

On the left is me in March, just starting out at my personal trainer's gym (19st 4lbs). On the right is me now, just over a stone lighter and feeling fitter than I ever have done in my life.
I still have a long way to go, but am so proud of everything I've achieved so far and am feeling so so so so so determined to keep going forward in my weight loss journey.

976247_10152852965975634_1212091939_o_zpse254cafe.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Polly

You have done really well, the difference in the two photos is really vast! It looks like you have lost more than a stone! It goes to show that weight loss isn't always what the scales say.

I have just started up at the gym and judging by your two photos above, if I keep it up - I am onto a winner!

Do you have a food diary on here? I'd love to have a nose

Keep going love! xx

Thank you so much :)

I do feel like I've lost more - it really does go to show! I do love my new fitness regime - getting a personal trainer really helped. The added support from her (as well as learning about how to work out!) have helped improved my fitness levels and keep me on track. I'd really recommend it! Besides seeing her twice a week, I also go aerobiking once a week and also run (I'm training for a marathon in October - 10k!!) It helps make all the difference! Just remember that your body will go up and down with fitness - I found that when I first started I gained a pound, because I went from doing 0 excersize to excersizing 4 times a week. My body will often cling to everything it can, meaning I have a slight gain (as well as the muscle you build up).

No I don't keep a food diary on here - I keep it handwritten in a little journal.

Good luck on your fitness regime!

Excellent! You can really see a big change already - keep up the good work!

You have a similar starting weight and goal to me chickie! You can't half see a big change in you! well done!

Back