• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Red Day My red days are getting boring!

vickidyers

Silver Member
I Love red days, but already finding I'm tending to eat the same 'traditional' meals, very nice, but maybe a bit boring. This weeks evening meals:
Roast chicken + heap of veg
Grilled Gammon Steak + poached egg + salad
Roast sausages + onions +heap of veg
BBQ lamb and salad
BBQ chinese pork + salad
All yummy, but as you can see I'm developing a trend here! meat + salad or meat + veg. Any nice evening meal red ideas in either very low or syn free? PS I dont like curries!!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Kwise1

 THE WISE ONE 
Hiya

Have you tried EE days to change it a bit - or use your HEXB to liven it up a bit?
I use EE days / use a HEXB for stuff like jambalaya, or stir fry recipes

Toad in the hole is a yummy meal - one of my favourites!! With veg mash and gravy.
I also like Egg , chips with a HEXB bacon tomatoes & mushrooms.

I have a few recipes:-

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...ncluding-gravy-sauce-recipes.html#post3558273

See what you think - it might help with some ideas.

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi there

I do mainly red days, I don't know if it will be of any help but on my diary "shedding the wobble" if you go to a page 62 there is a list of recipes on my diary there might be something in there that catches your eye... or that gives you ideas...
Just a few off the top of my head are:-
coq au vin
balsamic braised beef
buffalo chicken
Ox burgers
Ginger pork
goan pork
Hope it helps..

vickidyers

Silver Member
Thanks!! Lots of really exciting ideas... going straight out tomorrow to get the goodies for the sweet and sour and toad in the hole! Woohoo!! Red days aren't boring! :)

Sio

What about stew or a casserole so it's not meat and veg. Put turnip in for the potato substitute.

Or shepherds pie with butternut squash as the topping. Celeriac is in a lot of recipes too, but I've never tried it.

Came across this thread that I wrote just a few months ago - funny how things change... I have just recieved my on line order grocery order and am so excited about the next two weeks meals, just a few of the things that have arrived:

low fat sausages - for toad in the hole
another pack of low fat sausages - sausage cassarole (red)
whole chicken - roast chicken with aunt bessies stuffing balls (red)
chicken breasts - sweet n sour chicken (green, chicken used as HEXB)
beef strips - for beef stroganoff (green, beef used as HEXA)
gammon steaks - served with big pile of salad n mushrooms (red)
bacon - Spaghetti carbonara (green, bacon used as HEXB)
minced beef - spaghetti bolognese (green, mince used as HEXB)

and thats just part of it!!

Red days aren't boring, but adding a few green days helps!! x x

ginlin

Better to Drink your Syns
Hi Vicki,
I do mainly red days, and yes basically meat and veg or salad, but certainly not boring, so have a look at my diary, if you are interested.

JackieN

One day at a time, one step at a time
I have things like chilli with bns wedges or chips

the other day I had sweet and sour chicken, roasted veggies, and a spoonful of rice (synned) this was delicious and will do it again.

Or I use bns and make roasties so I feel like i've had potato

I sometimes use a HEXB for sw chips (keep skin on ) on a red day

I often make a stew with casserole beef, a pack of extra lean mince, onions, carrots any veggies I fancy, oxo or knorr beef stock cubes or both, and then have fresh veggies with it and carrot and swede mash (Aunty Bessies)