Need help with wedding song.

suemal

:D:DHaving my night do on the 31st and i want a good first dance song for me and Mr Kenny.HE can't/won't dance and we don't do slushy love song.Ideas please.
I have a few already

Another one bites the dust-queen
Viva Las Vegas(married in vegas)
It must be love -madness
Stuck in the middle with you-stealers wheel
love and marriage(theme from married with children)
Its the end of the world as we know it-REM
Highway to hell.

Anymore would be welcomed.Ta Suex
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I was at a wedding where the couple got up and sang "caught in a trap" LOL it wasnt their first song though, cant remember what that was.

I love all the songs your thinking of. stuck in the middle with you sounds great. If it was me id go for james blunt your beautiful but then you dont want slushy so sorry i cant help!!!

becky xx

We didn't really have an 'our song' so had the most popular at the time - which was Wet Wet Wet - Love is All Around.... followed by Tina Turner - Simply the Best.... sliding straight into Guns n Roses - Paradise City....:eek: Filled the dance floor in about 2 bars of the song with all our friends playin air guitar and head banging & feet stomping.... classic moment I'll remember forever....:D

Just have a song you both love and 'jig about' to it a bit...lol!!

if you dont want slushy you could maybe have the look of love by abc or china girl or modern love by david bowie xx good luck

'don't stop me now' by queen..... at the very least the line ' if u wanna have a good time, just give me a call' will have u looking forward to leaving the do (wink wink) lol
cherylxx

Hi there your choices all sound much better than my "first dance" my husband (now ex-husband!!!) didn't dance either so we decided not to have a first dance. However the guests had other ideas - but the first cheesy disco tune was already starting so we strutted our funky stuff to Wake me up before you go go by Wham!!

Quality
Anyway "Stuck in the middle with you " would be great - and good luck!

Carol x

Me and my ex had Love Shack by the B52's (it was 18 years ago lol!) We both loved that song and neither of us could dance either! While we were jigging around my 2 sisters and brother (and their partners) all sat at the edge of the dancefloor and watched. Then at the end of the song they all held up papers with scores on (5.5 etc) Cheeky buggers! But soooo funny!! :D

Hi there your choices all sound much better than my "first dance" my husband (now ex-husband!!!) didn't dance either so we decided not to have a first dance. However the guests had other ideas - but the first cheesy disco tune was already starting so we strutted our funky stuff to Wake me up before you go go by Wham!!

Quality
Anyway "Stuck in the middle with you " would be great - and good luck!

Carol x

Omg i love that song wake me up before yo go go, dont leave me hanging on like a yo yo...aww so old love it though

Me and my ex had Love Shack by the B52's (it was 18 years ago lol!) We both loved that song and neither of us could dance either! While we were jigging around my 2 sisters and brother (and their partners) all sat at the edge of the dancefloor and watched. Then at the end of the song they all held up papers with scores on (5.5 etc) Cheeky buggers! But soooo funny!! :D

5.5 eh was that out of 10?if it was then ye didnt do to bad :)

OK .. here goes:

I Don't Feel Like Dancin' - Scissor Sisters
Against All Odds - Phil Collins
Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
Don't Marry Her, Have Me - Beautiful South
Life Is A Roller Coaster -Ronan Keating

Or (if all else fails) ...

Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life :D

The Madness one! Even if you can't dance you can jig to that. A little bit of romance as well for the grannies!

At the church we had 'All things bright and beautiful' (my mum was an infant teacher...) All you could hear was my OH chortling away when the line 'purple headed mountain' was sung. 'In your dreams, you wish' I thought.

viva las vegas would be a giggle especially if getting married in Las Vegas. it would be very cheesy and not to be taken seriously.
We had Sam Cooke " you send me" and then me and dad danced to Louis Armstrong "What a wonderful world". dad is not around anymore and I love it when that song comes on the radio

Back