Need to start back SW. Sob

piggin

I really need to get back into this. I know my parents are horrified with my weight (I'm 12.5 stones and 5 foot 6). I know my OH probably thinks I'm over the cute but cuddly limit now too.

I know all this but for the last 2 years I've not cared a jot. Well I've cared and I feel awful myself and want to lose 2 stones but I just don't seem to have the motivation or the will power to do it.

I hate the way I look with my flabby baby belly and my spare tyre that sticks way out infront of my 34G boobs so this time I really need to do it for myself more than anything.

I hate being in photos that aren't just of my head and I don't want my wee boy to grow up with me hating the photos that we're in together. Mostly I feel like crying about it all but I know I just need to get on with it.

So from Monday (get back from hols on Sunday) I will be following EE on the SW plan. I'll prob be about 13 stone by the time i get back so maybe it will be 2.5stones I need to lose but to be honest I'd prob be happy at 11 stones.

No need to reply to this, just needed to offload. I think I might keep a diary, keep myself sane.

Well I just thought I'd give a quick reply and say good luck with getting going, you sound like youre ready for the change and have the motivation there, just time to grit those teeth and do it, so GOOD LUCK! :)

Good luck with getting back on the wagon. I'm rejoining on Tuesday after 4 months off.

Having said that, I think you're judging yourself very harshly and I reckon your parents and OH aren't judging you at all. Please be kinder to yourself as you really don't deserve to beat yourself up xxxx

Good luck at making yourself feel bettr. I think yu are being hard on yourself too. 12 1/2 stone at 5' 6" is hardly much. Not to be 'horrified' at. If you want to lose some and that would make you feel better then fair enough. I bet the rest of your family love you more than ever now.

Lynda

Hi and welcome! You are being so hard on yourself! If you had a friend who spent all their time putting you down and calling you names, saying how useless you were, would you keep them as a friend? Probably not, you'd tell them where to go! So why do this to yourself?

You're certainly not hideously overweight and so you've got a bit of a belly - well women do have a belly particularly after after having children! Trust me there will be many people around here who have way more to lose than you and would love to be in your body.

That said, you want to lose a bit of weight - well then you've made a great first step by joining SW and coming on here. The SW plan is fantastic and you'll get so much support here from people who know exactly what you're going through. And I think you need to speak to your parents and husband to get their support in this, rather than feeling that they are disappointed in you, which I'm sure isn't the case.

Take care :)

hello and welcome to a fabulously friendly support board xxx

Hey - I've pretty much just started too..... I'm the same height and weight as you. I sometimes feel bad about my lumps and bumps and very often feel like I'm all boob if you know what I mean, but then I watch Gok and feel a whole lot better about my curves! I'm sure you'll get all the support you need here, good luck x

My gosh hon. you really shouldnt be so harsh on yourself. if you are 5'6, which is a gorgeous hieght to be, 13 stone is nothing. ( i aprriciate we'd all like to be a little thinner) but i can't imagine for one minute that you look as big as you feel.

*hugs*

sw is good for you, not just for loosing weight but you'l feel so much healthier and happier.. which sounds like what you need.

if you ever need to talk.. were all here, and me.. always feel you can drop me a pm if you want. xxxxxxx

Please don't be too hard on yourself. You have basically described me, I am 5'6 and currently weighing 12stone 6 1/2lb (size 16). I don't think I am at all that bad and many people say I don't need to lose much. I plan on losing a stone but would lose more if I chose to, once I have got to that target.

Welcome back to the group and good luck x

thanks for all the kind and positive replies, you have made my eyes leak! I am feeling so much better this morning about it all and motivated to start on Monday. I will come on here for the support as it seems really good.

I did SW 6 years ago and lost 2 stones so I know the diet works well for me.

thanks again

Oh and a quick question....how do I go about posting a pic on my profile it says I don't have access for some reason.

I think thatll be to do with your post count, once you post a bit more, new options will unlock for you, signatures, avatars etc. Im still new myself so not sure on the level you will need, perhaps someone can quickly comment with how many you need. I think I needed 20 for the signature/avatar....but not sure on gallery :)

Whoops my bad, didnt see page 2 lol.

Back