New and suffering!

Hello all - fantastic to have found you and has helped me to crawl through my first week on lipotrim. I have been struggling with my weight for so long now but I realise that compared to many of the people here I haven't got much to complain about as I 'only' weigh 11 and a half stone/size 16 All the same it has made me feel as alien to myself as it would if I were much bigger. :break_diet: I don't understand why I am feeling so bad on this 6th day of the diet - far worse than earlier in the week which seems to go against all I've read even tho I've followed it to the letter. Well anyway, pleased to be here because I'm not giving in.

Hi and welcome gobbledeegook :)

How much are you hoping to lose in total then?

Day 6 can be as challenging as the earlier days on any VLCD in my experience so just hang in there :D

Lacey :)

Hi Isis :wave_cry:
Ideally I'd like to lose 2 stone but I'd settle for 1 and-a-half. Do you think it might be harder to lose weight if you've got less to lose? I really want to lose the bulk of it before Christmas as I can't be dieting over the season and it would motivate me to pick it up again afterwards. Do you think it might be harder to lose weight on LT if you have less to lose?
Gob:)

someone may be able to come in with an answer to this that is based on more than just "thinking" but I think any diet the less you have to lose the slower it comes off - effectively you start the diet lower down the range than others so those that have lost a lot and find the last bit comes off slower your joining at that point in the process - does that make sense?

as I say not based on anything scientific

and having said all of that you are on the best diet possible to lose it in the fastest way so even if it comes off a little slower for you than others it's still faster than if you did a different diet

now i'm confusing myself with my logic!!

Welcome to minimins. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Well done for sticking with it

still in the game

Hi and thanks very much for the kind messages. Finding day 7 pretty grim as well - sorry to sound so wingeing. Actually it's not so much the day as the evening - the hunger pangs are really intense. I suspect that if I don't see a significant drop at the wi (not til tuesday) I probably crack.

You'll see a huge difference if you stick to the packs at the wi...don't despair, vlcds work fast...

Hi and:welcome: to Minimins :)
Good luck with LT - stick with it and I'm sure you'll see the benefits soon x

Thanks for that. Actually the hunger is easing off now - the peak time seems to be between 5 and 10 pm. Eating in the evening has always been my weak point - I just seem to be able to hoover up any amount of food and can't find the off switch. If I hadn't been so active I would be much bigger so I know I've got that to be thankful for. I suppose I also know that there's really nowhere else to go if I can't stick to this and I'm sure you're right that I will see a difference soon it's just that part of the reason for choosing LT was that the person I knew who was doing it seemed so calm and well and hunger-free I think I expected a easier ride. Perhaps it would help if I could test for ketosis but the pharmacist wanted nearly £10 for a pack of stix! I've already stretched past my limit to pay for the diet. Anyway, look forward to letting you know that I've cheered up.
Gobxx

Glad you're feeling a wee bit better. The guys doing the VLCD hold so much admiration for me. I couldn't do it. i think you all have tremendous willpower and strength. Jezzo man 10 quid to check if you're in Ketosis. If you were in Scotland I would check it for you for free. Work for the lovely.....NOT!!! NHS. xxx

Hey Janey

yeah...considering the money I pay for the diet you'd think they could spare one measley stick to test it for me wouldn't you? What diet are you on if not a vlcd? I used to work for the NHS - total nightmare, but i suppose that's another forum!

Hey Janey

yeah...considering the money I pay for the diet you'd think they could spare one measley stick to test it for me wouldn't you? What diet are you on if not a vlcd? I used to work for the NHS - total nightmare, but i suppose that's another forum!
LOL Yeah, we could start a lets slag off the NHS thread!!!! Och suppose the aint so bad, sometimes. I'm on Scottish Slimmers. Not many of us on the site. Its very similar to WW. Does the job for me.

So you're doing SS? That's mutual admiration then because I think it's just as hard to go the slower way and needs more discipline which I am actually very short on. In fact that's one of the reasons a lot of people choose LT including me - to just take food out of the equation. I certainly couldn't count the shakes as food replacement. To me they are just something I have to get down my neck and sometimes that's quite a struggle! Not feeling too bad today so far tho' so hope you're having a nice Sunday too.
Gob x

Welcome to Minimins :)

Hope youre finding LT a bit easier today

Back