New Biggest Loser UK Jan starts 10th 2011!!

Thats been what previous UK seasons have been like. They look good but the US ones are jaw droppingly shockingly different. Like you say completely unrecognisable. I dont know why theres such a difference in the 2

I think the american seasons run for a lot longer than the UK ones - so they lose a lot more and then have a long while at home to lose more again after that. This UK one is what, 7 weeks long? The American ones go on for ages!!!!

Also, I read somewhere, so dont take this as fact, that when they say a "week" in the American /Australian ones, are often nearer 2.

EDIT!! sorry, I shouldn't have blurted that out.. :)

Last edited:
MadameLaMinx said:
I think the american seasons run for a lot longer than the UK ones - so they lose a lot more and then have a long while at home to lose more again after that. This UK one is what, 7 weeks long? The American ones go on for ages!!!!

Also, I read somewhere, so dont take this as fact, that when they say a "week" in the American /Australian ones, are often nearer 2.

They started filming this series back in September so have realistically had 6 months approx to lose there weight

MadameLaMinx said:

The losses on the show are very different though one of the guys on the US one has lost 100lbs in 7 weeks. I believe they also have quite a wait from filming til the final

The US contestants do seem more focussed mind you and their challenges seem a lot harder. I'm surprised they haven't killed someone lol

It'll be interesting to compare the final results of both shows

Darn just missed who got through to the final? I know Zandela got through.... who else?

Will need to watch on +1

Aw thank you :) Will see next week the final results! so exciting :D

Yeah totally agree :) I would never have thought from the start of the show zandella would be in the final. Just goes to show...

I find both girls really whiney to be honest, but I'm sure they've had their comments written for them It sounds like the script from that programme extreme dreams with Ben Fogle, everything is just an inch from disaster!

I wanted Paddy to win - on Friday I saw Claire from Basingstoke crossing the road in front of me walking in the direction of Beechdown Health Club, it was only a glance but she looked waaaaaaaaaay smaller :D

They were sent home for 15 weeks to continue their journey, tomorrow night should be very exciting!

I wanted Paddy to win - on Friday I saw Claire from Basingstoke crossing the road in front of me walking in the direction of Beechdown Health Club, it was only a glance but she looked waaaaaaaaaay smaller :D

They were sent home for 15 weeks to continue their journey, tomorrow night should be very exciting!

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it. I hope there are some good transformations. I saw Michael from the BL US before and after shots and OMG he looked amazing - totally unrecognisable!

Ooo I can't wait for this! Don't care who wins now Paddy has gone but I can't wait to see the transformations!

Wouldn't fancy that method of extreme dieting myself but it does make for good TV lol x

Back