New to MM and SW!

littlesister83

Just wanted to say hi - joined today and also started SW for the first time today. Been reading these threads and about SW for a good few days now and planning my meals etc. Hoping this works as I've always been unhappy with my weight and i have no willpower despite being so unhappy. However, I've been asked to be a bridesmaid in just over a year and i can't feel awful on the day! Its also my birthday next april and i'd like to have a big party and dress up to show off my new figure. a silly goal i know but one to think about!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi - gonna need your help! ;)

Nothing silly about that goal hun, you have to do this for you and you only! Welcome to this great forum, it's full of great people, info etc. Enjoy SW too xxxx

hi welcome to the group (and to SW)
wishing you lots of luck with your weight loss

Hayley xxx

Nothing silly about your goal at all.

I did not want to be fat and 40. Sadly, i lost 2 stone and put one back on so i am still fattish at 41 now. :sigh:

I don't feel 41, i hope i don't look it but the extra weight does not help.

Good luck with SW. It seems to work so fingers crossed it will suit you down to the ground. I'm sure you'll do brilliantly. ;)

Hi from me too. I only joined a couple of weeks ago and I have found so many good recipes (especially lunch ideas). It is also much better support than the happy clappy meetings IMO (although I do go to one myself and wince constantly).

Best of luck for your journey. PM me if I can help with anything!

Kate x

Hello and welcome to MM! It's a great group on here - so suppoertive and informative.

Your goal isn't silly at all. At the end of the day, if it's what keeps you going....;)

Best of luck! x

Good luck! I'm being bridesmaids to my sis in May so I know how you feel and I definately don't think that being bridemaid plus your birthday is a silly goal at all! We'll just have to try not to upstage the brides! lol :)

Hi and welcome! When I started SW it was for the very same reason as you - I didn't want to be the fat person in the photos at my sister's wedding, which was 11 months away. In the end she didn't choose me as a bridesmaid but I made it to target not long afterthe big day.

SW can change your life if you let it. Good luck!

Good luck! Having a goal (to be BM) will almost certainly help you on your way!

Welcome and well done for making a positive choice in your life. You will get lots support and help on here.

so good luck with your journey.

Phil x

hi Im new too and joining slimming world tomorrow, ive got about the same amount to lose as you so you'll have to let me know how your first weigh in goes next week! good luck

Wow! Thanks for all your lovely replies - i'm pretty blown away by the response! I've had a positive first day - stocked up in tesco and made a batch of soup and other stuff to put into boxes to takes to work as i'm on nights for the next 3 weeks so need things at hand to stop me going into mcdonalds on the way home!

I'm definately going to keep my goals on my mind but the main reason i'm doing this is because i'm tired of hating myself and the way i look and doing nothing about it. I've always thought about the fastest way top lose weight so having over a year is the most sensible i've ever been!

yeah the time you will fall down is when you dont plan ahead and have nothing in to eat so end up eating crap, you will be fine if you make sure you always plan ahead.
I know what you mean about hating how you look, I've moaned about it for the last two years but done nothing about it, well in fact the more I moaned, the more down I felt so the more I ate!!!
last week I was crying in the mirror cos none of my clothes fitted me and then got straight in my car to tesco and bought and ate two big bags of popcorn! :(

Back