NEWBIE HELP

chalack

Hi I'm new to Atkins and am going to start tomorrow, can anybody give me some tips on the diet or tell me your weight loss an what you have been doing etc, would really appreciate some help and maybe diet buddies x

Hello and welcome to atkins:). Take a look at the sticky - so you are thinking of starting atkins - all the info you need there. Feel free to potter around our diaries to see the various journeys - and why not start your own. If you post your menus and questions then we will all dive in to help with advice

Good luck:)

I think the best it of advice I can give is listen to your body. Our carb tolerances, citric acid etc are all different. What works well for some, might slow or stall others.

Hi,I am a newbie as well, can anyone tell me where and how I can find theses 'stickys' people keep talking about. Thanks x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Newbie too, I-ve seen them on Ebay. I just searched Atkins and they are there admist books etc.
Good luck!
Alex

Hi. I'm new here on Atkins. I think the stickies referred to here can be found at the top of the diet forum the second tab in. It contains all the essential info that you need to get on your way. I hope this helps.

TIGGERTOES said:
Hi. I'm new here on Atkins. I think the stickies referred to here can be found at the top of the diet forum the second tab in. It contains all the essential info that you need to get on your way. I hope this helps.

Thank you tigger toes, found them, sorry for being such a thickie lol xx

welshlal said:
Thank you tigger toes, found them, sorry for being such a thickie lol xx

Don't be sorry. I had to ask the first time to ;) ask and someone will answer. ;)

Alibaliboo said:
derrr...I thought you meant the ketostix...sorrrreeee! :-\

Lol no problems , thanks for the reply though.

I wasn't going to bother with those kinds of sticks do you think I need them ?

I don-t know, to be honest, new myself...maybe someone who has done it could let us know!

To pee or not to pee...that is the question.

lol
x

You don't need the Ketostix. You might like to see them turn pink but to be honest that's it. If you follow the diet and are losing weight then that will tell you it's working. There are other ways to detect Ketosis such as extra energy, low hunger, funny mouth taste etc but the Ketosis is not an essential thing as everyone reacts differently.

4isnotenough said:
You don't need the Ketostix. You might like to see them turn pink but to be honest that's it. If you follow the diet and are losing weight then that will tell you it's working. There are other ways to detect Ketosis such as extra energy, low hunger, funny mouth taste etc but the Ketosis is not an essential thing as everyone reacts differently.

I agree. Ive used them in the past (on a VLCD and total meal replacement) and they showed negative even when I KNEW for sure I was in Ketosis. It was actually more discouraging than I expected so I stopped using them. I tend to drink alot of water ( about 3-5l) a day and I'm sure that affected the results when POAS. It's totally up to you but I don't recommend them. You will know when you are in Ketosis.

Back