Newbie here!

Smax42

I everybody, I'm new to this forum and am not in the best of places so definitely need some support. I've done slimming world for years and managed to lose 4st 9 but after a stressful couple of years and an awful emotional eating habit I've put nearly all of it back on and hate myself for it. I've tried sticking to slimming world but just can't seem to do more than a few good days without bingeing and undoing it. I've decided to take a little break from SW and to try Paul McKenna's Gastric Band Hypno book and CD as it is supposed to tackle overeating and help me to learn when I'm full.

I started yesterday and I am shocked with the change so far. I am a very big eater and am genuinely struggling to eat much food. I just made my usual breakfast of two eggs on two wholemeal toasts and have had to leave most of it. I ate just half a slice of toast and one egg and am stuffed to burst still an hour later.

I'm going to track my progress on here and as it promotes healthy eating I will still be cooking slimming world recipes as I love the plan. Hopefully this will just get my head back into gear as I need to lose a lot healthily before my wedding next year!

Wish me luck!

So tomorrow is my first weigh in and I'm not sure what to expect. I'm struggling to eat much and am around a 1000 calories a day which is really low for me. We will see what they say as this is new to me. I've listened to the Hypno CD again today to keep me focused.

Welcome smax! I've heard of a few people doing well with the hypnoband. Didn't work for me - at the end of the first week I went and ate this:

image-3692692001.jpg

And finished off my mums chips!! So full my tummy hurt? Haha

Do you have much to lose?

It's going well. 4.5lbs off since Mondaymbut I'm having to make sure I eat as I'm not getting hungry. Not going to risk getting ill.

Back