Extra Easy Days Newbie on slimming world

Wilksy

Hi all
i joined sliming world a week ago but I do it from home I've had a lot of help from a friend who has done so well with SW so decided to give it ago. I'm doing the Extra Easy but still not got to grips with things like syns etc. what does everyone eat for breakfast & lunch. My biggest downfall is white wine sprizters with lemonade & sweets & chocolate. Please HELP lol. X

Welcome to SW and this forum!
Take a look through this forum and you will find recipes, other people's food diaries, just use the "search" function.
I always write a weekly menu so I only buy the food needed for that week, that way you don't get tempted!
Keep a daily food diary it's a godsend when you want to repeat a good week or find what you have had that caused the weight increase, read and re-read the books until you feel like you know them inside out and remember that we are all following the same journey.....
If you get stuck then just ask!
I have a good breakfast, usually beans on two toast with an egg & a apple, washed down with coffee & a glass of cordial, this sets me up until dinner, usually a home made meal such as peanut curry, yuk sung, "the big breakfast" or similar with a side salad and fruit.
supper is usually a light meal, egg omelette or soup or spaghetti carbonara, ect, again with salad /fruit where appropriate.
Good luck
Pete

(all my meals can be found by following the link below)

Hi pete
Thank you for your reply. With EE do you have to count the syns on every meal or just the butter, oil etc. also do you count Alpen cereal bar as a syn on EE. I shall not try bombard you with ????s.
Thanks
Clare

Hi Claire.
I always check what I eat to see if it needs to be syned, I have for breakfast, baked beans (free) 2 wholemeal toast (1 Heb) low fat spread (syned) 1 apple (super free food), I don't know about the Alpen bar as I don't eat them but check in the orange book under the Heb page, if it's not there then check the syn pages, failing that if it's not there you can go on the SW webpage and check on the syncalculator!
Good luck.....
Pete

Wilksy have you got a new joiners pack? when you say you're doing it alone have you joined online or just trying to follow it from someone else's info?

basically you base your meals around superfree (at least 1/3 of your plate), free food (as much as you need to feel satisfied) , 1 healthy extra a (cheese or milk in measured quantities), 1 healthy extra b (bread or cereal in measured amounts) and 5-15 syns per day.

Syns can be oil, butter, gravy granules, other things used during cooking and preparing meals, more people use them for treats, wine, chocolate, sweets etc

Cadbury Buttons, Choc lollies and small funsize bars are low syn and tasty when you want that chocolate hit!

Hi all. Sorry for late reply been busy with family issues & health issues. I'm joining a SW group on Wednesday to get my books then going once a month to get weighed but I will be using this website but finding it quite confusing @ the mo. I am going to do EE whats best thing to have for breakfast & lunch. Ps don't do ceral or salad. X

Back