Newbie Saying Hello

Josh_Milner

Hi Guys just thought I’d say hello.. I’m Josh and really wanting to do something about my weight, most of my life I’ve been around the 10/11 stone mark but since having kids, getting a house and settling down let’s say basically becoming content I’ve piled it on over a few years now weighing in at well I’ve 16st.

I’m 25 with a young family and a pretty good job on the railway but since becoming a team leader I’m not as active as I was 6 years ago when I first started so I blame that and all the cafes lol.

I am currently doing the SW diet with my partner and started last Friday, most of my searches on helping us along brought this forum up so thought I’d join!

Josh

Hiya josh and welcome! & I keep telling Everyone this, but genuinely I believe taking the first step. Is the hardest! & you've done that so here's to you losing all that weight!!

Hi everyone. I joined sw online last week . I’ve been a group member before and got to target (twice) but never seem to be able to maintain long term. I decided that now is the ti,e to sort my diet out and re-joined. My husband and kids are healthy eating along with me which is great for support. I told myself last week that it’s a long journey not an overnight trip and I put my scales away so I wasn’t tempted to jump on every day. I weighed myself this morning and despite all my best thoughts I was really disappointed with my 2pound weight loss for my first week. A stone and a half suddenly seems a lot! Just hoped for some inspirational comments please. I know by the end of the day I’ll be looking at it rationally and be pleased with my start but right now in the moment I’m gutted! Thanks for reading x

Hi everyone. I joined sw online last week . I’ve been a group member before and got to target (twice) but never seem to be able to maintain long term. I decided that now is the ti,e to sort my diet out and re-joined. My husband and kids are healthy eating along with me which is great for support. I told myself last week that it’s a long journey not an overnight trip and I put my scales away so I wasn’t tempted to jump on every day. I weighed myself this morning and despite all my best thoughts I was really disappointed with my 2pound weight loss for my first week. A stone and a half suddenly seems a lot! Just hoped for some inspirational comments please. I know by the end of the day I’ll be looking at it rationally and be pleased with my start but right now in the moment I’m gutted! Thanks for reading x

You’ve got to target before so you will do it again..my current target is to get down to around 12st and see if I’m happy at that weight, I know at my lowest point when I was working away and barely eating (not good) I got down to 10st and people said I looked ill so we will see how happy I am after a 4st lost (when I get there).

It’s really good you have the support of your OH and kids, I have similar support although we are still buying the kids the usual crap like chocolate and crisp etc so it’s really hard as I have a terrible sweet tooth!

Dont best your self up with a 2LB loss in my eyes a loss is a loss, better than a gain right?

Good luck with your journey!

Thanks for that and I know I’ll be ok later, I just had 1st week dreams of a big loss! It’s really hard to decide on the perfect weight isn’t, I know some people think you look great while others think you look ill! I guess you have to feel right in your own body and when you’re there you know.
It’s hard when you have to have kid stuff in the house, I don’t have a sweet tooth but crisps are my downfall and we always have them in the house. I went cold turkey for my first week and didn’t have any but I’m definitely having some next week (within my sun allowance of course) although I have become quite partial to salted popcorn and you get a lot of that for just a few syns.
Hope your journey continues to go well, thanks for the reply :)

Thanks for that and I know I’ll be ok later, I just had 1st week dreams of a big loss! It’s really hard to decide on the perfect weight isn’t, I know some people think you look great while others think you look ill! I guess you have to feel right in your own body and when you’re there you know.
It’s hard when you have to have kid stuff in the house, I don’t have a sweet tooth but crisps are my downfall and we always have them in the house. I went cold turkey for my first week and didn’t have any but I’m definitely having some next week (within my sun allowance of course) although I have become quite partial to salted popcorn and you get a lot of that for just a few syns.
Hope your journey continues to go well, thanks for the reply :)

I agree with the ideal weight situation hence why I have a movable goal lol... it definitely hard with the kids stuff in the house but I’m determined, this morning I’ve weighed out my cereal and milk and I’ve never done that in my life lol.

Ahhh the good old cereal and milk weigh in! Haha you'll soon find out that the portion size /calories etc according to the cereal box is a tiny tiny portion! Lol sometimes less then a third of a bowl haha, anyway I found that cheerios (&similar) are the best in regards to calories vs amount of bowl coverage lol keeps me eating for longer and if you want an alternative to. Milk try cocount/almond/cashew alpro all range from 15cal to 20cal per 100ml which is so much less then even red top full skimmed milk.... :D

Back