Newbie starting next week on Exante

MissNJ

Hello everyone,

I joined this forum about a year and a half ago, when I first wanted to start losing weight, I didn't do very well, and didn't post very often, but I've since decided to start again!

Ive purchased my first months supply of exante shakes and should receive them on Tuesday!

Im also a vegan (not by ethics but from food phobias) so I'm hoping that doing these shakes helps me face my fear of eating milk by products!
Since reading some stories on here about doing a VLCD I've heard about the slim and save diet! I like the idea of their meals, so I might buy a months supply of that and mix days with either exante (all day) and S&S (all day) the next! So some days I'm having just shakes and others I'll have shakes and meals! I'm not going to try the soups, as I've heard lots of stories on here that they're not very nice!!

I also only drink hot water, fruit tea or fizzy water, so I think for drinks I'm going to be ok, par cutting out my fruit teas!! Not keen on green tea or mint tea, but willing to give them a go, esp if I can mix the mint tea with the choc shake to make mint choc smoothie (with crushed ice!!)

About me:

Im 33, have 4 children, 3 boys aged 11, 9 and 7, and my daughter who's nearly 5!

My weight journey started in 2010 when I was 18 stone and suffering with bad arthritis in my knees from my weight, the doctor advised me to lose weight as they wouldn't treat my knees until I had and he thought that I might benefit from reading the book "the skinny *****"
i did and it turned me into a complete food phobic person and have been vegan ever since! It was really bad advice giving me the book, but I'm also thankful because it helped me lose 3.5 stone in just under a year..
After I hit a plateau and being vegan not changing my weight/food lifestyle enough I went back to the doctors and they started me on xenical. I lost a further 2 stone on that, but since they've had supply issues my weight has slowly been creeping back up!

Ive always wanted to lighter life, but never had the cash, I tried my own VLCD diet, but lasted 6 days and fed up, I did lose 13lbs, but that went straight back on + more!

So here I am now, hoping that exante will help me kick start my weight loss again and get me down to 150lbs by next year!

Im going to start with total solution, see how that goes, the move onto working or S&S depending on their flavours!!!

Im petrified of eating milk produce, but if I don't overcome my fear now I never will.. And I need to lose weight!

So hello, hope everyone is doing ok on their diets, whichever course your on and I hope to speak with you all soon! :D

Also, any advice re sticking to a VLCD or anything would be totally awesome!

Natalie x

I'm dieting for health reasons too... bad hips, knees, ankles. I'm taking it slowly and am on more of a lifestyle/ healthy eating kick where weight loss is more a side effect than an ultimate goal.

Grannyweatherwax said:
I'm dieting for health reasons too... bad hips, knees, ankles. I'm taking it slowly and am on more of a lifestyle/ healthy eating kick where weight loss is more a side effect than an ultimate goal.

I understand that.. I'm more or less happy with things at the moment, but I really do need to lose the weight before my doctors will help me with anything, as every time I see them, they say it's always downto my weight, so I want to prove to them at 10stone, it ISN'T my weight anymore! And they'll have to refer me properly!

I'm hoping the diet helps me with my phobias too, as I can't keep living like I am, my so deficient in so many ways that I'm going to age myself way too quickly.. :-(
My M.I.L said that I would be dead b the time I'm 50/60 if I didn't sort it out :-( so its kind of like a lifestyle change for me too!

I hope using the shakes helps me.. As I have no other option left!!!

Good luck with reaching your goals xx

Good luck with exante. I'm on slim an save and it's really tasty, never done exante so, apologies, I cannot offer any comparison. x

Good luck Natalie. Like yourself I'm also doing it for health reasons too. Also it's always more easier for consultants to blame it on our weights. So I would like you want to prove to them if when I lose my weight would they be able to treatment than or would they find another excuse. Any way goodluck to us all in reaching our individual goals in becoming slim & happy x x

Popcoot said:
Good luck with exante. I'm on slim an save and it's really tasty, never done exante so, apologies, I cannot offer any comparison. x

Thank you!! I've got brands here now, have decided to give exante 2 weeks, then try S&S for a week then have my 2 weeks left of exante and hopefully decide on what I want to carry on with, maybe both.. If I can afford to buy 2 months worth of packs!!! :) x

SoonToBeSlim58 said:
Good luck Natalie. Like yourself I'm also doing it for health reasons too. Also it's always more easier for consultants to blame it on our weights. So I would like you want to prove to them if when I lose my weight would they be able to treatment than or would they find another excuse. Any way goodluck to us all in reaching our individual goals in becoming slim & happy x x

Thank you, yes I'm exactly the same, I want to wipe those smug "you're just too fat smiles" off their faces and force them to finally help me!
I hope you achieve your goal too and the docs help you too xx

MissNJ said:
Thank you!! I've got brands here now, have decided to give exante 2 weeks, then try S&S for a week then have my 2 weeks left of exante and hopefully decide on what I want to carry on with, maybe both.. If I can afford to buy 2 months worth of packs!!! :) x

Here's to some happy tasting sessions for you lol...not sure if you know but its cheaper to buy the men's 5 pack a day from slim and save website. You get the same packets it just works our cheaper per unit cost x

Popcoot said:
Here's to some happy tasting sessions for you lol...not sure if you know but its cheaper to buy the men's 5 pack a day from slim and save website. You get the same packets it just works our cheaper per unit cost x

Oh wow! That's awesome!! Thank you! I assume you'd also get extra amount of packs too! ;-) xx

Oh wow! That's awesome!! Thank you! I assume you'd also get extra amount of packs too! ;-) xx

Yep, you've hit the jackpot there hun :) You get more packs and they're exactly the same as what you'd get if you ordered the 3 or 4 packs?!? I don't get why they do it they way but heyho I'm not complaining if it works out cheaper for me lol lol

Popcoot said:
Yep, you've hit the jackpot there hun :) You get more packs and they're exactly the same as what you'd get if you ordered the 3 or 4 packs?!? I don't get why they do it they way but heyho I'm not complaining if it works out cheaper for me lol lol

Yes!! Simples isn't it! Very surprised I didn't think of it myself! ;-) can't wait till end of the month.. So I'll know if I'm going onto S&S completely.. So I can order! Xx

Yes, I am using up some packs from a friend who started s&s but then stopped doing it so I brought her packs from her, then ordered a free weeks trial. So yet to purchase my 1st myths order. I a, covered for nearly 3wks so will see at the end of that how much I need to buy....lol...will be doing my calculations to work out how many packs I need. Should be fun with my baby brain x

Popcoot said:
Yes, I am using up some packs from a friend who started s&s but then stopped doing it so I brought her packs from her, then ordered a free weeks trial. So yet to purchase my 1st myths order. I a, covered for nearly 3wks so will see at the end of that how much I need to buy....lol...will be doing my calculations to work out how many packs I need. Should be fun with my baby brain x

LOL I have huge baby brain..was trying to explain buying the 5 pack vs 4pack to my mum and it was so difficult working out how many extra days it would give me! Haha I'm useless!!

Is your baby young? My daughter started school Tuesday. She's nearly 5! I wish she was still little and at home with me :-(
Xxx

LOL I have huge baby brain..was trying to explain buying the 5 pack vs 4pack to my mum and it was so difficult working out how many extra days it would give me! Haha I'm useless!!

Is your baby young? My daughter started school Tuesday. She's nearly 5! I wish she was still little and at home with me :-(
Xxx

Wow 5 and at school seems a whole lifetime away to me. Bet she looked so grown up in her uniform and a big girl! My little girl is only 5mths old, so my life has recently been turned upside down. Wouldn't change it for the world though would we!!! I've only got the one child so far, would like another but not sure how soon to have??? Also, would rather lose this weight before I'm pregnant again. You have 4 ? You must have your hands full with 4 :) xx

Wow 5 and at school seems a whole lifetime away to me. Bet she looked so grown up in her uniform and a big girl! My little girl is only 5mths old, so my life has recently been turned upside down. Wouldn't change it for the world though would we!!! I've only got the one child so far, would like another but not sure how soon to have??? Also, would rather lose this weight before I'm pregnant again. You have 4 ? You must have your hands full with 4 :) xx

Aww bless.. My sister has a 7 month little girl, I love her so much! Makes coping with mine being at school all day!
All 4 of my kids were born 2 years or under apart.. Was very difficult! I wish I'd left. Little while longer between each one, but thankfully they're all getting that bit easier to look after!

Back