heres to a new me

Hi am a newbie just starting xenical today ( well am going to wait till the morning) just wondering any advice!!
I have been told about the 5% fat!! So I have just picked a bag of crisps ( not to eat) do I go for total fat or fat saturates!! Thanks

Hi it's total fat per 100g not per packet it is also 45g max fat per day, 15g max fat per meal

Good luck! :)

You can eat loads of normal food just change how you cook it, use spray oil, or just no oil, less process foods, less sugar, less choc etc :)

I use myfitnesspal phone app (is also web site) to record my kcals is great :) you can also add recipes etc..

I like tesco light choices ready meals too - I try to eat the ones below 400 kcals..

Thanks I have added my fitness pal!! I am following ww at the minute not sure how it will go together!! Just trying to get as much info as I can!!

I think there are a few people doing WW I prefer the counting kcals through myfitnesspal as it makes it easy to see fat content etc :)

heres to a new me said:
Ok thanks think I will have to read the sticky!! Not as simple as I thought :(

it's all a bit daunting when you first start, but stick with it!.. youll find its fairly easy when you've settled in to it!..
but hey, good look :D

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:
Give the stickies a read. Also, you can print out the info from the xenical website. It's www.mapassist.co.uk. You need the code off your box to first register. The support on minimins.com is excellent. The guys here pointed me to myfitnesspal and its a great help to record my calories, fat intake, and exercise.
All the best with your journey.
Make sure you call in here often. I'm new too, but the guys are great!

Welcome and well done on the start. Stick with us, you'll get loads of good advice and motivation. The rules are easy once you get the hang of them as the others have said, no food with more than 5g total fat per 100g, and no more than 45g of fat per day. Keeping an eye on calories is probably worth doing even if just generally as it can be easy to go over calories while still eating low fat. Think of Jelly Babies. Well don't, actually. MmmmMmmm Jelly Babies.

KB x

Hiya, you have been given good advice so far so I can only reiterate what they have said. Don't look at crisps you will just cry lol! Apparently there are some M&S count on us ones that are ok. I eat salted pretzels when I have my savoury craving........

Thanks I will not be picking any up!! They have been removed from my shopping list along with chocolate and cheese!! I will find a lot more to take off as I go along!!

heres to a new me said:
Thanks I will not be picking any up!! They have been removed from my shopping list along with chocolate and cheese!! I will find a lot more to take off as I go along!!

They're the big things I've stopped eating. They're still in the house as I have a hubby & son to feed. I've not been tempted enough to steal them though x

Back