No more voting please

Where do you fancy going? (one vote per person please)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha! No, but I always used to joke that my ex was my first husband! Only ever meant as a joke though, I had no idea it would come true 17 years later! :eek:

I have to say, I have been to Marrakech with my mum and would honestly say I have never felt so uncomfortable in all my life. I got very upset by the way the men treated me- the tour guide said it was because we were clearly European and where I was blonde and young (16) all they see of that stereotype in their country is in films, and therefore they generally think that we are "easy" (her words). Anyway I felt constantly like I had to be on my guard, some guy tried to buy me off my mum and another one grabbed me which scared me a fair bit!

So anyway I will NEVER be going back there :D x

i voted for dublin, but would like to say that Galway in the west of ireland is AMAZING! (yes, i am irish but it would still take me 5/6 hours to travel to Galway!)
hell of a lot cheaper than Dublin, the most amazing scenery you have ever seen, brillant pubs, great craic, amazing shopping and the next city to the west is New York!
come and play with the little people!! (me and leah! ha ha!)

PS my first vote was for Palma as I have been there briefly before and it seemed like a fun place to be, nice and hot and more to do than the north where nightlife is not so great! My second choice would be for Dublin as have never been there but always wanted to go, plus flights would be cheaper probably!

I have to say, I have been to Marrakech with my mum and would honestly say I have never felt so uncomfortable in all my life. I got very upset by the way the men treated me- the tour guide said it was because we were clearly European and where I was blonde and young (16) all they see of that stereotype in their country is in films, and therefore they generally think that we are "easy" (her words). Anyway I felt constantly like I had to be on my guard, some guy tried to buy me off my mum and another one grabbed me which scared me a fair bit!

So anyway I will NEVER be going back there :D x

I ahve to say I had a jolly time. I've been to Morocco twice.

One does get hassled to buy stuff, but nothing to the point of offensiveness.

Someone offered to buy me once too .... :D of course I didn't take them seriously.

Going to a club and being racially abused or shouted at in the middle of the street because one is fat on a Saturday night in the UK is far worse than someone wanting to you to buy their wares in Morocco I'd say. At least they aren't drunk and won't glass you ... lol

i voted for dublin, but would like to say that Galway in the west of ireland is AMAZING! (yes, i am irish but it would still take me 5/6 hours to travel to Galway!)
hell of a lot cheaper than Dublin, the most amazing scenery you have ever seen, brillant pubs, great craic, amazing shopping and the next city to the west is New York!
come and play with the little people!! (me and leah! ha ha!)

:) I was thinking to add Galway to the mix but I though not many airports fly to Galway. I've been there loads of times and love the place.

AMSTERDAM / PALMA / MARRAKECH

Amsterdam

Palma

Marakech

Are the top 3 votes. I'm happy to go to either. However my leaning is towards Amsterdam because it can be done over a weekend. I've been to marrakech already. One can do Marrakech in a weekend, but I'm not sure those who've never been before would want to just go for a couple of days as there is lots to see and do (especially if you fancy the Atlas Mountains)
I'm not sure about Palma for a weekend.

Of course Marrakech and Palma could be a week long thing or an extended weekend. I'm jsut concerned about people's budgets and weekends are ideal for maximising the turn out. Also, annual leave entitlements may restrict availability.

So.... in conclusion my ultimate choice is:

Amsterdam (so long as it's fun and there's opportunity for laughs)

If someone would be so kind as to fill the thread in on what Palma is like if they've been already. Am I wrong when I say it can't be done in an extended weekend? If so then Palma may well be my first choice.

Your opinions please .....

Out of those three I think Amsterdam would be my first choice for the inaugural 'Minimins Goes Global' weekend too :)

It's just so easy to get to - around a 1 hour flight (which I imagine you can buy pretty cheaply if you book well in advance) and then only 20 minutes by train from the airport to the city centre when you arrive.

Palma could be great fun, but would obviously take longer to get there (and back), as would Marrakech (which I have always wanted to visit but might not be the greatest place for a large group maybe?)

Having said that: I'd be happy with all three so count me in whichever comes out on top :D

I've never been to any of them but would go for Amsterdam purely because of the various time restricitions Palma and Marrakech would place on people.

My feeling is that with it only being a long weekend we'd all find it tiring travelling too far and too much time would be wasted having to 'chill out' etc in our rooms.

So Amsterdam for me :D

I'm definitely favouring Amsterdam .... but then I just love the place!

I've been to Marrakech and do believe that for a flight that long (about 4 hours) you'd want more than a weekend though I do know someone who did it in a long weekend Fri - Mon.

Don't know about Palma for a weekend though should soon find out as my hubby flew out there this morning with the lads from work and is coming back late Monday night - they went for the longer weekend with that one too.

I've been Majorca for a weekend, we actually stayed in Magalluf which is good and not too rowdy if you go early or late season it's a definate no no in August unless you're 18 and high as a kite on drugs.

Right ..... so when are we going then?

Marrakesch for me as been to Amsterdam sooooo many times lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back