Noms JUDDD daily weigh in dairy

Nomsad

DD 9/6/12 14 stone 4.6 - cals 525 60.6lbs to lose til target

UD 10/6/12 14stone 1.2 - cals 1425 Loss 3.4lbs - 57.2lbs left to lose

MD 11/6/12 14stone 0.6 - cals 1100 Loss 0.6lbs - 56.6lbs left to lose

Last edited:
Hi Nomsad glad you are still here, you are doing really well x

Juddd is the way of eating for me but it took a lot of thought on how I was gonna deal with the UD as eating free reign I found I eat upwards of 3500 which was too much then struggled to do a down day successfully as felt I was just putting weight on as down day ended up as up day so got a load of vlcd shakes etc, which I use to help keep calories down, and also use them on up day to keep count of cals, my up day limit is 1664cals as that is what my scales say so try to have between 1200-1664 on a up day and on down day 325cals 20% - 499cals 30% :) I was gonna do Vlcd but the problem I have with it is knowing that after five days weightloss slows to snail pace and you are starving and it doesn't fit in with a social life and bad breath etc. I am convinced that if I stick to what I have set out my losses will be better than if I did 100% vlcd so will be monitoring my weight daily as experiement :) xx

Ate you sure your up day allowance is right? I'm the same weight and mine are 2044, that's with me doing no exercise

17 lost : 50 to goal

Ah, are your scales giving you what your BMR is (your basal metabolic rate - the number of calories you burn lying in bed all day)? Because I think up day calories are actually based on the number you need to maintain your weight, which is going to be a few hundred more unless you actually do lie in bed all day ;) - probably around 1900-2000 calories at a guess.

Anyway - looks like you're doing really well! :clap:

my bodyfat scales give me a BMR of 1664 so thats what I am going by :)

I want the SIRT1 to start working for me which is optimum after two weeks thats when the diet really works :) will occasionally do a inbetween day thats when I will have 1000-1200 cals :)

UD 12/6/12 14 stone 0.6 - cals 1600 STS - 56.6lbs left to lose

Last edited:
DD 13/6/12 14 stone 0.6 - cals 334 STS - 56.6lbs left to lose

My weight stayed the same for three days, everything else fat muscle etc all the same even after two UD and a MD :) so 1600 is my STS allowance now today my 20% calorie is 335 so I expect a weight-loss tomo morning :) so hard to stick to the DD allowance, split my s'n's shake pack into 4, weigh 8g and add 100ml water and have it every 2 hours, going by the tip in the JUDDD book, having a little sip of cals every couple of hours, it works so supprised by that :) also when pacxks run out I found phd diet weigh high protien shake will be my replacement, as one serving has high protien, low fat and is 99cals nice hot and cold, works out 60p per shake :) doen't have vits though thinking of adding daily vit tab :) the trick and magic of this diet is the good execution of the down days :) plan three DD a week, mon,wed,fri and sat sun UD but up to cal allowance of BMR, i was going wrong by eating loads on a UD but the funny thing is 1600cals works out to be a lot of food anyway :) x

Have you already tried doing a week using the cal allowance given by the juddd calc? Did you sts or put weight on?

17 lost : 50 to goal

I did a week with 500cal DD and no limit UD but just found I really went for it big time on UD I eat so much, not good really.
So decided to make my UD limit my BMR, so at least I know that I won't put weight on, on those days and will lose weight from the deficit of the DD, from the book it doesn't really matter what UD cals you eat as long as you are full and satisfied and if your savvy with foods you can eat quite alot for 1600cals :) need to lose weight quickly but dont want to be on vlcd because weightloss slows down to zero wheras I'm convinced that i will lose just as much doing DD 3x a week but only time will tell!

Hi there!!

Here to follow if you don't mind :D

Ruth
x

Hi there!!

Here to follow if you don't mind :D

Ruth
x

sure :)

If this diet works out the way I think it will I should be under 14stone tomo :) I weigh each morning no clothes 7:30am for the first week then weekly, could get frustrating daily weighing as expect weightloss to slow to 2/3lbs per week......

Nomsad said:
I was gonna do Vlcd but the problem I have with it is knowing that after five days weightloss slows to snail pace and you are starving and it doesn't fit in with a social life and bad breath etc. I am convinced that if I stick to what I have set out my losses will be better than if I did 100% vlcd so will be monitoring my weight daily as experiement :) xx

Nomsad said:
need to lose weight quickly but dont want to be on vlcd because weightloss slows down to zero wheras I'm convinced that i will lose just as much doing DD 3x a week but only time will tell!

Hi Nomsad, I am on my phone so I can't check stats/prev posts etc but just wanted to ask if you have tried a VLCD before? Are the above written from personal experience? (losing weight slows down on a VLCD). I'm just curious because I have been a slow loser on the VLCD diet I am doing (week 12 and lost 2 stone 3lb where most people would have lost 3 stone by now) and I am tempted to try JUDD at some point. I think the reason I am putting it off is because of my slow losses on such a restricted diet I keep thinking to myself "yeah whatever, there's no way I'll lose wright on JUDD instead!".

You're doing great so far and I hope you achieve the results you are after, especially since you find the diet fits in with your lifestyle well.

UD 14/6/12 13 stone 12.4 2.2lbs lost - 54.2lbs left to lose :)

as predicted 2lbs down!

Last edited:
Hi Nomsad, I am on my phone so I can't check stats/prev posts etc but just wanted to ask if you have tried a VLCD before?
Day 6 today 6.4lbs down :) not bad :)
I've only done two down days this week, sat and wed, on the morning after down day I have lost weight, I know its not waterloss as my water % is the same and my fat loss has gone down from 46% to 44% so the only thing that is moving is the fat % muscle has gone up a little 0.5%. Yes I've done them all (vlcds) they dont really work in the longterm, once you stop and start to eat again, you end up in a vicious cycle eating, putting on weight then going back on a vlcd again, this plan works because you don't go into ketosis! but you need to be strict on your down day, as close to 20% of you BMR as you can and thats why the magic works and also strict about you Up day you need to eat over 1200cals its best to eat as close to you BMR as you can and on the morning of my Up days my weight and all my other stats stayed exactly the same as you would expect as I am eating the right amount of calories my body uses for the day. It's not an easy plan because you have to show alot of restraint, you also have to trust that it will work, that you will lose. I'm doing this diary for myself and to show others that there are other quick weightloss solutions other than vlcd which is expensive and frustrating! I promise you that my weight and stats are the truth, and will post a gain if there is one. I think you may find that once you start eating again you will gain as your body has shut down because of being on so few cals days after day and glycegen regain, but give it two weeks of being strict and you should see that weight fall away again. a good pair of bodyfat scales is essential (salter ones that I have £22something from argos) I think, weigh only once in the morning naked, put scales away and good luck let me know when you start!

I think you are exactly right Noms DD 's are the key and you have to trust in the diet, I have been recording my daily weights this week just to see what it does to my body and have had wild swings up and down but the trend is down so I am happy, you are doing brilliantly BTW :)

I've never been near bodyfat scales but u are tempting me to buy some
X

Wow thats an excellent loss! Well done!!'

Ruth
X

Back