Not In The Best Mood This Morning

Petal01

Still Climbing That Hill!
Ok i have my WI tomorrow and i sneaked a peak this morning and they have not buged an inch!! I expected this mabye 5 or 6 weeks down the line but not on my 3rd WI to say im dissapointed is an understatement!! Now i feel starving as well:( i just want to eat something that dosn't even resemble diet food!!! Dissapointment - Starving = Eating i can hear alarm bells ringing buttttttttt i don't want to undo the last 3 weeks of hard work!!! Im so bl**dy weak at times!!!!
I have had huge arguments with myself this morning knowing that if i had done a VLCD i would be at least a stone and a half lighter by now arrrgggghhh my head is playing games with me.

Why do those bleedin scales play such a big part in our lifes!!! And let them dictate whether we Succeed or fail!!

Hang on in there hunny, if you have stuck to the diet, you KNOW its only a temporary blip, probably a bit of water retention. Keep on going hun and you will probably be pleasantly surprised tomorrow xxx

There are slow weeks even on a VLCD. I only lost 1lb last week but we have to keep ploughing on - what's the alternative? And would you be happy with it? Me neither!

I said on another post that if we weighed 'X' amount at the start of a diet and were 6 stones lighter a year later (but hadn't stepped on the scales at all in between) what would it matter that one week we lost 3lb and another week 1lb?? It's the accumulative loss that counts.

So keep up the fab work and you'll get there step by step :)

Russiandoll, I never thought of it like that, what an inspired comment! Will definitely remember that when I hop on the scales and don't get the result I want :)
Petal, the same thing has happened to me when I've had a sneaky weigh in and I got really disappointed. But by weigh in the scale had gone down, somehow! It was usually down to water retention or totm, or how can i put this discreetly...i was also a little constipated! Has that happened to anyone else? I found i had a little 'bowel trouble' the first couple of weeks. Probably due to the fact that my diet changed massively and my body didn't know what to make of it! A little more fibre later and normal service was resumed! So maybe it's something like that. Don't worry about it either way, at least next week you know you should be in for a definite loss!

KEEP OFF THE SCALES!!!!!

A sneaky wi is the worst thing you can do honestly. I did it the other week & the scales said Id gained half a lb, at my wi 48 hours later Id actually lost 3lbs. Your weight can fluctuate so much from day to day that unless youre on a VLCD where you can actually see a difference every day then youre really best to only weigh yourself once a week.

Try and forget about it til your wi... you might still be plesantly surprised

thats very true! 11lbs in 3 weeks is still above average for the weight loss expected while on WW! don't beat yourself up about it.

Back