O/T Anyone visited Ireland or living there now?

da-na-na-na

Am planning on a girly long weekend in ireland but really have no idea where to stay.

Just wondered if anyone had any tips etc

I'd rather not be in the city but close enough to some pubs and nightlife.
I love the idea of checking out the rural beauty and perhaps staying in a cottage.

I've watched waaaaaaaaaaaay too many films of late where Ireland is featured and the one that clenched it for me was P.S I love you ha ha

D x

Am planning on a girly long weekend in ireland but really have no idea where to stay.

Just wondered if anyone had any tips etc

I'd rather not be in the city but close enough to some pubs and nightlife.
I love the idea of checking out the rural beauty and perhaps staying in a cottage.

I've watched waaaaaaaaaaaay too many films of late where Ireland is featured and the one that clenched it for me was P.S I love you ha ha

D x
At your service.lol;)

where you looking to go, when how many of you etc?

x x x x emma

Are you thinking of flying? Or ferry? Which airports/terminals would you go into?

This could influence your choice

Irene xx

Ive just booked 2 nights in Dublin for a girly weekend and to see U2!! We always book apartments - have 6 of us staying in one and works out at under £20 pppn. We stay pretty central though as like the city and that way we dont spend any money on travel as can walk everywhere.

I go to Galway all the time and it's my favourite place in the world. It's alot smaller than Dublin but has great restaurants and nightlife if your going for a girly weekend and you want to stay in a cottage in the country you can stay just outside the city in Connemara but still be close enough to the City for the shops and stuff to do in the evenings.

Hi Star Girl,

Not a clue where to stay to be honest.
I love the idea of being somewhere scenic but close enough to some nightlife and restaurants. It's a girly weekend so i think maybe just three of us at the moment.

Crazylilblondie you lucky lucky girl you! U2 Rock!

Pickles, that sounds really nice I think i will check out some reviews if I can find any. Do you know of any accommodation?

D x

TOP OF THE MORNING TO YOU!:)

I'm from Dublin. How about flying to Dublin but staying on the outskirts.

For example, MALAHIDE is about 15 miles from Dublin city centre and a 10 minute drive from Dublin Airport. It's a fab cosy town by the sea, great pubs with weekend live music, a famous castle you can tour or have a nice coffee and chat, huge green parks, many B&B's and 2 hotels in the town, etc... Take a look here: Malahide Online, the Community Internet Site for Malahide, Co Dublin, Ireland

Other nice places you could try that are not too far from Dublin, but are cosy towns: Powerscourt, Arklow, Greystones, Enniskerry.

Let us know where you decide to go!

ooooooooooooh thanks NewLife4Me!
I shal indeed check it out! x

Back