(O/T) If you don't 'see' me in the next 24 hours...call 999...

I will succeed!!!
...'cause I am off to bath the cats :vibes: :kitty:

I'm taking them to the Kendal Cat Show on Saturday so I have to do it (yes I seem to be turning into a scary cat lady at 26 heheheheeeee).

They used to like baths (well, for CATS they didn't make much fuss)...but I trusted the OH to bath them last time and he put them in the freakin' SHOWER! Honest to God he got into the cubicle with them and wondered why he came out bleeding.

So...this ought to be fun, especially as I have to do a good job.

So if you don't see me for a while assume I recieved a fatal laceration :rolleyes:

Ahhh, good luck with that. Our cats HATE baths and all forms of water that don't come in a bowl :)

Good luck, you are going to need it if they are anything like my dog she hates a bath....

Good luck with the show at the weekend, let us know how they get on.

Hi Sticky

What bread of cats to you have ?

Phil x

I have two brown tabby Tonkinese (hybrid of Siamese and Burmese) boys; Noodle and Gadget. They were my Christmas present :)

Just turned 9 months old and are gorgeous so the breeder was keen for me to enter them into the show to keep the winning streak for their family going - but knowing my boys they'll cause chaos and be barred from future shows hehe.

Hi sticky

We have two Ragdolls a female called willow who is a white coated bue point and a male called Darcy who is a multi chocolate bi colour and is huge about the size of a spanial.

Phil x

Hi sticky

We have two Ragdolls a female called willow who is a white coated bue point and a male called Darcy who is a multi chocolate bi colour and is huge about the size of a spanial.

Phil x

Ragdolls are stunning! I love those and Maine Coons - but Jim point blank refused anything 'fluffy' (he's not a cat person apparently, but he doesn't act like that!).

I thought ours were big but they're not THAT big! Crikey!

Darcy is really huge, the vet said it was the biggest cat she had seen in 25 years !! He even acts like a dog as well. He growls when he hears anyone walking up the drive. He retrieves things if you throw them away he brings them back. He also loves water !!! We can't levae the bath running and the door open as he jumps in. The most fantastic thing about ragdolls they are sooo loving they love company and follow you everywhere. Once I was cleaning the car in the drive, I had just put the hoover away. Darcy had been watching me for about 30 mins. I drove to work and on getting five miles down the road I looked in the rear mirror to see a furry paw kicking up the pacel shelf... he bloody stowed away. heheheheh !

Phil x

HAHAHA! Awww how cute is that?

I did a lot of research before we got the Tonks and was torn between a few breeds as they are all described as affectionate and playful. We went for the Tonks simply because we stumbled on a kitten list and there was a litter due to be re-homed the month after relatively close to where we live. Went to see them and they chose us - Noodle hopped on my knee and meowed at me before curling up and purring his head off. So we were sold on him right away and the hunt was over. We didn't see the other two tabbys at that point as they were under the sofa hiding, but when I went back 4 weeks later to collect them, Gadget was the one who climbed in the carry case, so we took him.

Our boys sound the same - follow us everywhere and anyone new to the house gets a lovely welcome from them; purring, head nudges and if they're really lucky, a toy mousie hehe. They are indoor cats so whenever we're home, they're with us - even when I am in the bath they sit on the bathmat waiting :)

Bathtime wasn't too bad - meowing like mad but no scratches. And they seemed to ENJOY having their teeth done (the paste must have tasted nice) hehe.

Nice to hear about your cats Phil - I love cats :) x

Good luck, you are going to need it if they are anything like my dog she hates a bath....

QUOTE]

LOL my little girle does too.. She seems fine the first couple of minutes shes in there, as she just drinks the ater, then when she realises what your doing she completely freaks out! she'l try her hardest to climb out but with her little stumpy legs she doesnt get far haha

awww , i have a queen called Mao who is cross siamese but is all white with a slight grey dapple and her son Conan who has four ginger hairs other than that is all white too they are both Malting and driving me cuckoo at the moment lol i have to bath Mao as she likes to sit under cars and comes home filthy i have yet to try Conan as he is onlt 18 weeks old

Back