Oct half term last minute deals any ideas?

bondgirl

Ello all:D

My boyfriend and I are going to take my kids abroad in the October half term(well maybe week before) we'd like somewhere thats still hot and has things for the kids to do....a son aged 13 and an 11 year old daughter:D

Its the first holiday we've had abroad so any advice would be much appreciated.

We are looking to get a good last minute deal so any advice re this also appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Greece or Turkey are still quite warm that time of year. Just google "cheap last minute holidays" nearer to the time, and see what comes up! Have a great time xxx

Greece or Turkey are still quite warm that time of year. Just google "cheap last minute holidays" nearer to the time, and see what comes up! Have a great time xxx

Thanks Cheryl love:D

My mum lives in Turkey so tbh don't really wanna go there.....not inlove with that place at the mo ha ha

Greece sounds good though

Thanks for that;)

I hope you have a great first holiday abroad. Spain and portugal are very family orientated, although im not sure on the temperature during october.

Just a word of warning for you: If you are wanting to go on holiday before the official school holidays then you need permission from the head teacher, he has every right to refuse your request. If you then go on holiday it will be recorded as unauthorised holiday and get looked into by the attendence officer of your local authority

:D We are off to spain in 12 days time, Calella on the costa brava, it`s still in the high 20`s in October, i had to get a holiday form from school as we are going for two weeks and my two will miss the first two days of the new term :D But the school was fine with it :D

Any of the canary islands have good temperatures in October and most resorts are family friendly or Crete and Cyprus are another option. I went to tenerife a few years ago just with my 3 kids (aged 5, 11, 12) and they had a great time, and my sister has been to Gran Canaria and Tenerife with her family and had a great time during the Oct half term. Crete was also really nice although not been there with kids it did seem very family orientated in resorts.

Hope you find something and have a great time wherever you decide to go.:character00255:

Yep I also have to say the Canaries. I have been for a number of October half terms and aside Florida (which is my number one place - well I am in Essex :D), the Canaries have never let us down.

That all said, we have been looking at Sharm El Sheikh. Now that is good weather. I have never been, but would be really interested to hear comments from anybody who has, before I commit. I will start a new thread though, rather than hi-jack yours ;).

Brad

We checked out lastminute.com last September and found a great self-catering apartment on a big complex in Majorca for the October half-term. We'll be doing the same thing this year, but fancy Greece instead.

Self-catering means I can regulate my eating and am less likely to 'go overboard' than if we do a 'all inclusive'.

Hiya,

I'm going to Menorca with my cousins and a cousin 's son (hence school hols !!).

It can sometimes get rain, but the temperature will be pleasant. It's peaceful and you can relax.
I don't like thinks too hot so suits me, but depends what you're after.

Have a great time wherever you decide !!

Back