Off Shopping Toneet

mechmanuk

johnboy
Unfortunately Tesco beckons for me toneet for the fortnightly visit (ow i do look forward to it!) stood around leaning on the trolley looking like a wet drip while you women ponder over which one to grab lol.
Anyways winge over, what i was wanted to ask was, has anyone got any ideas for a quick meal when we get back home, im doing a green day today and had a few pasta n sauce this week so fancy something different so any ideas would be greatly appreciated, but remember im a male, useless in the kitchen but i have microwave skills and washing up skills so not too bad, oh and the local tea masher (forgot that one lol)

PS: I like almost anything, not struck on hot spicy things, and that tofu, quorn and quark stuff yuk.

Quick Chinese noodles:-

ingredients

· 225g rice noodles
· 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
· 1 clove garlic, minced
· 1 tablespoon soy sauce
· 1/2 tablespoon chilli sauce
· salt and pepper to taste
· 1 spring onion, chopped
preparation method

1. Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add noodles, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic until tender. Stir in noodles, and season with soy sauce, chilli sauce, salt and pepper. Sprinkle top with chopped spring onion.

Pirate Ships

1 medium sized baking potato
2 tablespoons of grated Cheddar cheese
4 rashers of bacon (HEXB)
2 cherry tomatoes
Some salad leaves

1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C / Gas Mark 6.
  2. Bake the potato for 45 minutes, or until it's soft in the centre. Set aside to cool down.
  3. Cook the bacon under the grill or in a frying pan. Cut into strips when cooked.
  4. Cut the potato longways, and scoop out all the potato into a bowl, being careful not to break through the skin.
  5. Add half of the cheese and bacon to the potato: mix well.
  6. Spoon the mixture back into the potato skins, and top with remaining grated cheese.
  7. Put back into the oven or under the grill for another 5 minutes to melt the cheese.

Thanks dearfatty (love that name, makes me chuckle) but im gettin fed up with beans so ill skip that one today, might grab one saturday thou ta.
Like the idea of the noodles space, many thanks. Is there any substitute for the garlic thou and does the chilli sauce come in a bottle like ketchup?, our lass hates garlic and do these turn out crispy?

thanks again much appreciated

PS: 2 tbsp veggy oil, is this 6 syns?

Last edited:
A mug shot pasta or noodle
Empty sachet into mug fill with hot water wait 5 mins
Done.

Even my man can do it and the only thing he makes in the kitchen is a mess!!!!!!

Another recipe I like is onions and peppers chopped up and cooked in fry light, add mushrooms, sweetcorn, peas and chopped up quorn sausages. To this then add tin chopped tomatoes, paprika, mixed herbs, salt and pepper. Cook on a low heat for about 15 mins. It is really tasty and really filling. You can serve it with rice or pasta or just on its own. Makes a great lunch reheated the next day too

yum i sometimes have a packet of batchellors rice with a spud it is very filing i love the beef rice

some great ideas nonicks, fats and laurie thanks, ill copy and paste these and gim em all a try, like the warm up idea for dinners ta.

Back