OMG talk about temptation!

CatCrazy

Gold Member
My 'lovely' daughter has just come home bearing gifts...edible gifts, that cost a whopping 40p...yes 40p, And if you're thinking "it cant be that bad for just 40p" you are so very wrong.

She hit Sainsbury's as it was closing and got a £3.00 brownie mudslide pie for 20p and a £2.50 4 pack of maison patisserie lemon and raspberry teacakes for another 20p.

I am going to resist, I AM going to resist. I AM GOING TO RESIST!!!

Look into my eyes
Look straight into my eyes
Do not look at the Brownie Mudslide pie
Do not look Lemon and Raspberry Teacakes
Look into my eyes
You are feeling very sleepy
You eyes are closing and you are in a deep deep sleep.................

** makes off with the brownie mudslide and lemon and raspberry teackes**

I just divided it up between the 4 kids, refused to even lick my fingers as I think that would have led to a nibble which would have led to a bite .......

The teacakes are still sitting here boxed but if I can resist the brownie mudslide I can definitely resist the teacakes. Gotta say that mudslide smelled divine, chocolate biscuit base, Belgian choccy sauce, chocolate brownie chunks, vanilla mousse and various chocolate shapes scattered across...I think I can wear a halo for a few days for that one! :angel09:

Your halo is totally and utterly shining. Well done you. You should be really proud !!

Gail x

God you're so brave! I would have had to have had at least a lick! :p

Having said that though I've currently just resisted a bag of crisps. Yes at this time of the morning! I used to like to snack in bed but after I almost got up to get them I looked at my ticker on here, remembered I hadn't lost very much lately then thought stuff the crisps, I'll do without them!

Bring on tomorrow when I might can actually get some damn exercise done!!

Well done again hun! :D

I am sooo glad I didn't even have a lick...I looked at the box after and it listed 509 calories per portion!

I believe a little of what you fancy does you good, diet or not, but that would so not be worth the calories, could have a better chocolate hit with a chocolate bar!

Well done on the crisps, I build a pack of quavers in to my diet most days. Lowish cal but the salty crunch craving is satisfied

I am sooo glad I didn't even have a lick...I looked at the box after and it listed 509 calories per portion!

I believe a little of what you fancy does you good, diet or not, but that would so not be worth the calories, could have a better chocolate hit with a chocolate bar!

Well done on the crisps, I build a pack of quavers in to my diet most days. Lowish cal but the salty crunch craving is satisfied
Woah! Flipping heck thats some calories for one portion :eek: I think that may have made me steer clear too - I'd have gone for some Milky Bar buttons instead as they're only 88 cals & I love white choccy :D

I believe in little treats too but those calories are ridiculous aren't they!

I'm a right crisp fiend so its a good accomplishment for me, I love Quavers but not got any in, I'll have to get some as you're right, they do work well to satisfy a crunchy, salty hunger pang of which I get many!!

Even my skinny mini 7 1/2 stone daughter baulked at the thought of 509 calories...she did eventually eat it mind!

For chocolate cravings I have found an 82 calorie chocolate wafer that I love, love it even more as its sainsburys basics 42p for 6. One of those, when I'm craving is guilt free and allows me to stay under calories and fat.

Strange how we find our cheat treats. Perhaps we should have a thread just for them

Eeek !!!! That was Temptation with a big fat capital 'T ' !!!!!!!!!

Well done for resisting, that's brilliant will power !!

I still buy these treats sometimes, but what I do now is stick them straight in the freezer !!!! Out of sight and frozen solid !!!!! Takes some practice but I've got some chocolate brownies with cream cheese frosting still in there, and they are over three weeks old !!!!! Haha !!!!

Back