Opinions please

Gingernut

Hi
I am considering about doing sw and i am just wanting some opinions on sw and if it is worth joining a sw meeting .
As i have been doing ww but at the moment my weight loss has slowed down and with having to weigh all foods with ww just gets me a bit depressed
Is there much weighing of foods with sw on the extra easy plan can you have treats
So just wanting to get to know about sw before i decide to join and what are the weight loses like .
How do you go on about your portion sizes with the sw extra easy plan if you dont weigh them how do you know how much you are eating and you might not lose weight
You see with ww had to weigh all meat and some veg even potatoes so you got the right portions but i was still hungry when weighed all my portions out

Thanks
Good look all you sw members
Might be joining you very shortly
Take care

I have recently swapped from WW to SW, although my weightlosses are always very very slow I have lost more with SW than the previous 6 months with WW. WW is a great diet and works for many people. But I got to the stage where it just wasn't for me. I personally feel theres far more freedom with SW and less guilt (as you can eat as much as you want of free foods), theres no counting points, only syns and they should make up the majority of your food intake every day - free foods should.

I do it alone and I don't feel I get much benefit from classes - they just stress me out.

I love this diet, give it a go and see how you feel about it, if its not for you then you can always go back to WW you have nothing to lose (other than weight of course!!)

Hi there

I've also tried sw and ww and def prefer sw. The weighing on ww got me down, there is only a small amount of weighing with sw. Treats are ok in moderation, these you have to count.

The only thing i found difficult on sw is judging portion sizes, the only advice i can give is eat until your hunger is satisfied - this is the bit i found hard! After the inital few weeks i lost 1-2lbs a week and was never hungry. if weight loss slows down portion sizes might need to be reduced but otherwise eat until you're not hungry anymore. Now if only i could follow my own advice i might just lose the rest of my weight!

Give the classes a go they are different to ww. Good luck and keep us informed.

Vanda

hello, did you ever read about or do the core plan? sw extra easy is very very similar to the core plan but more flexible as you can have snacks and not just fruit and veg you can also have bread and cheese if you need to
karen

Never been to WW so can't compare, but both hubby and I have reached target with SW so we're very pro. Never dreamed that he'd still be interested in coming to meetings once we got there...

We certainly found it difficult/confusing at first, but soon got the hang of it, and can definitely say that we have not felt hungry along the way.

I would echo the others and say do give it a try. We don't really consider ourselves to be on a DIET, this is our new way of eating, hopefully for ever!

We DO both feel that it is well worthwhile staying to meetings - apart from the social aspect, we find we learn something every week.

Whatever you decide, GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:
Hi
I would like to thank you all for your kind and helpful advise about sw so it is just making a desision if i join sw i shall probably join after bank holiday

Biased of course! I did WW for many years and it worked (for as long as I went!) But SW makes everything SO much simpler, once you get your head round it. The thing with SW is that you have to eat healthily, you should never be hungry,there is so little weighing it isn't a chore, and you only point your syns. With WW I used to cut back on the healthy things so I had points for plenty of wine! And I was hungry!
I started EE 2 weeks ago and I've lost 6.5lbs! I fill my plate, and don't feel as if I'm dieting. Do give it a go! I'm sure like the rest of us you'll feel as if you've come home! (now if only I could find the recipe for sleep!)

I do most EE on slimming world and I love it. My losses have been slow so far because I have had 4 weekends out of 5 away, where I have been off plan for 3 out of 7 days. But, I've still managed to lose 2lbs in those 5 weeks, which isn't to be sniffed at. I'd give it a go. Spend 7 to 10 days getting to grips with Original and Green, then try EE. I rarely do red, I love my carbs too much.

Back