OT - Bikini Wax - Anaesthetic cream??

cat-bee

Silver Member
Hi all,

Im going for my bikini and underarm waxing for my holidays in the next couple of weeks and because Im a big chicken I bought some Ametop local anaesthetic cream (usually used by tattoo and piercing parlours) the idea is to numb the areas being waxed to make it more bearable...I was wondering if anyone has tried this and does it actually work etc....??:(

Cat Bee x

No idea if it would work TBH..

I always take a couple of pain killers bout 20/25 mins before I go x

No idea if it would work TBH..

I always take a couple of pain killers bout 20/25 mins before I go x

Does that work? I could take some syndol, they are really strong pain killers which completely knock me out....might try that as well actually :D

hmm not sure if it would help i did try some emla cream for a tattoo and it still really really hurt ..but i am a wimp !

also only ever had my armpits done once because of the pain and bleeding but get my legs done and can handle that

be intrested to see if it works i have lots of cream still!

I always took nurofen and it helped a little however i have gone done the route of IPL (permanent) and have 2 more sessions to go with great results. Very pricey but i got a fab bonus and decided i wanted it done. Good Luck .........Ouch !!

I always took nurofen and it helped a little however i have gone done the route of IPL (permanent) and have 2 more sessions to go with great results. Very pricey but i got a fab bonus and decided i wanted it done. Good Luck .........Ouch !!

Oh whats this? Id like that as im dark haired its murder!

IPL is laser hair removal I think. I am doing it (4th treatment) with great results. I have dark hair and olive skin tone.

IPL is laser hair removal I think. I am doing it (4th treatment) with great results. I have dark hair and olive skin tone.

Ooohh...I might look into that, the thought of never having to wax my bikini line again is just too good! :D:D

Cat Bee x

Intense pulsed light - IPL its great i am a hairy mary too and even wax my arms this is all through hormone treatments for a condition i have called endometriosis. (which is where a lot of my weight has come from) I think the results are fab although it takes time about 6 sessions every 4-6 weeks.

I would recommend it although its about £90 a session.

Cheers
x

Hey

Emla and ametop are the same thing except one doesnt contain lignocaine as people are often allergic to this.
They are both anaestetics usually used before inserting canullas when in hospital etc.
It needs to be applied 45 minutes before use.
Dont know whether it would work for waxing but you could try it!

Let us know if it works

Lou x

Hi all,

Im going for my bikini and underarm waxing for my holidays in the next couple of weeks and because Im a big chicken I bought some Ametop local anaesthetic cream (usually used by tattoo and piercing parlours) the idea is to numb the areas being waxed to make it more bearable...I was wondering if anyone has tried this and does it actually work etc....??:(

Cat Bee x

I've never tried it.

When I have laser hair removal treatment I use Emla cream (available over the counter).

Lol you bunch of wooseys!!! Seriously though I use an epilady machine, tad painful at first but soon wears off. Wish I could say the same for this damn tattoo I've just had done......sore as wotsit......and no, I didn't have the anaesthetic spray lol xxxx

I had my legs waxed about 3 years ago - NEVER AGAIN!!!!

I wanted to punch the poor beautician! lmao

You are all officially wimps... lol & I bet some of you have had children!
I'm a Beauty Therapist & the only thing that really works is finding an experienced Beauty Therapist who is VERY experienced in waxing as the technique usually hurts more than the treatment itself.
Also make sure the hairs are trimmed, the longer they are the more it will hurt. Take a couple of nurofen beforehand & done't go when you're ovulating or due on as these are the most sensitive times of the month.....

IPL is a fab treatment that works on the pigment in the hair, so the darker you are the quicker it will work. It makes the body think that the hair is a foreign object so pushes it away making the follicle die. Only downside is that you can't go in the sun two weeks before & two weeks after the treatment, so it can take a bit of planning if you are a bit of a Judith Chalmers!

Well, I'm going to try one of these creams, wuss or not! :eek: I take off all my pubic hair (yuck, I hate anything down there! :jelous:) at home myself with an epilator - the edges aren't so bad but when you get to the middle, it hurts like b*ggery! :eek: I just keep putting lots of talc on (so the skin doesn't drag) and yell when it hurts! :D (Even after all these years! :rolleyes:)

Back