Pig Needs a Name

Happy Holidays

Gold Member
Hi all I've a new addition to the family, Pig, Pig needs a name and I'd like your help. I've a few ideas but would welcome more.

Just a bit of background to help you help me!!!

Pig is a savo and will collect lotto winnings, voucher savings, that sort of thing, he will ultimately contribute to our dream trip the Trans Siberan train journey going through Russia, Mongolia and finishing in Bejing or Vladivostok.

Here are the ideas so far:-

Roubles - Russian currency
Golden Horde - it comes from way back when Russia was lots of different states & was overrun by the Mongol Invasion and became tributaries of the nomadic Golden Horde, we'll be going through Mongolia on our trip, and Horde, to save.
Stalin or Lenin - because they were Russian leaders and 'pig' will lead us to Russia
Babs - after my mother in law who recently passed away and loved pigs, loved saving and spending.
Mongol - we'll be travelling through Mongolia

Here is pig before he has his decoupage makeover.

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1421690556.138341.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

The Russian word for pig is "Sveenka", how about that?

Thank you, I did google pig, but couldn't flippin pronounce it, lol Goodness knows how we'll manage when we get there! I also googled train, piglet & holiday, with no joy on the pronunciation.

Pig needs a name today as 'he'll' have his nice decoupage skin on!!!

I guess being able to read and speak Russian comes in handy sometimes, lol - congrats on the new addition to your family!

Oh, forgot to say - if you even just manage to learn the (Cyrillic) alphabet before you go, you'll be able to understand a lot of the roadsigns, shop signs etc as the actual words are often similar in sound to the English equivalents once you know what the Russian letters are and how they sound. Best of luck!

I guess being able to read and speak Russian comes in handy sometimes, lol - congrats on the new addition to your family!

lol, yep!!

Oh, forgot to say - if you even just manage to learn the (Cyrillic) alphabet before you go, you'll be able to understand a lot of the roadsigns, shop signs etc as the actual words are often similar in sound to the English equivalents once you know what the Russian letters are and how they sound. Best of luck!

Thank you that's really helpful, I feel I'll need to learn more than the usual, thank you, please, good morning, two, beer, lol

Ooooooh: I'm thinking of doing the Moscow to Vladivostok route for my 50th!
And actually, I do have a pig who hasn't been commissioned yet. He could be the very companion I need!
I may have to commission him - and then name him, obviously. So some of your ideas may be very useful.

Ooooooh: I'm thinking of doing the Moscow to Vladivostok route for my 50th!
And actually, I do have a pig who hasn't been commissioned yet. He could be the very companion I need!
I may have to commission him - and then name him, obviously. So some of your ideas may be very useful.

If we don't get to the Olympics next year, we'll also be going for my 50th (next year) 'citing times.

Yep commission the pig & name him :D

Back