Popcorn Vs Sweetcorn.

Chunkwana

Just wondering if anyone can confirm syn values for plain popcorn. According to the Iphone app, plain popcorn is 4.5 syns but sweetcorn is Free?

Just wondering why this is? Plain popcorn kernels are just the same as dried sweetcorn?

I can't see people snacking on boxes and boxes of sweetcorn... theyd usually have just a little bit with a regular meal... ;) :D

I can't see people snacking on boxes and boxes of sweetcorn... theyd usually have just a little bit with a regular meal... ;) :D

I don't see how the amount of something changes the syn value? If something is Free then you can have as much of it as you want. A portion of popped popcorn kernels would probably be the same amount as a portion of sweetcorn with a meal?

I don't see how the amount of something changes the syn value? If something is Free then you can have as much of it as you want. A portion of popped popcorn kernels would probably be the same amount as a portion of sweetcorn with a meal?

No, you can't, you're supposed to eat until you're satisfied (ie no longer hungry) and then stop. You're also supposed to be including 1/3 superfree with everything. Free really, really, REALLY doesnt mean eat as much as you want. So popcorn, being a snack and dried you have to syn to restrict the amount you're going to eat.

Sweetcorn has relatively few calories as its mostly filled with water and will fill you up a lot quicker than popcorn will (although its still pretty high compared to superfree foods). Sweetcorn would come in a small portion as part of a meal already full of other healthy low-calorie stuff (if you were following the plan and having your 1/3 superfree etc)

Thanks for your reply.

Back