Popcorn

fannyanna

Hello

Is anyone able to recommend any popcorn that has a relatively low syn value?

Thanks

FA

Boots Shapers salted popcorn is my favourite although they do a maple one as well. You get a good sized d bag for under 5 syns. its my go-to snack for cinema trips along with their dark chocolate mint nougat bars (4 syns).

Or of course you can just make your own as long as you air pop instead of using oil. Off the top of my ehad its about 4 to 4.5 syns for 25g popped corn.

Enjoy !

My favourite is Metcalfes - you can get it in sainsburys and branches of Cafe Nero.

http://www.metcalfesfood.com/our-products/metcalfes-skinny-topcorn/nutritionals/

The lowest syn are the sea salt at 6 syns but it's big bag! I have the sweet and salty, also for 6 syns a bag, and split it in half.

Sainsburys also do an own brand savoury popcorn in little individual bags - cheese and chive, paprika and salt and vinegar flavours. They're 2.5 syns per back so a really good alternative to crisps :) x

Last edited:
My favourite is actually M&S they do a salted one, or some with chocolate in and their snacks are low in syns as they have a low calorie range. The salted bags are 4 syns and are a great size and the bag is full! Sainsburys also do a mulitback and they are 2.5syns a bag (i think!) and have paprika flavour too.

My favourite is actually M&S they do a salted one, or some with chocolate in and their snacks are low in syns as they have a low calorie range. The salted bags are 4 syns and are a great size and the bag is full! Sainsburys also do a mulitback and they are 2.5syns a bag (i think!) and have paprika flavour too.

Yeah, they're the ones I mentioned above - love 'em! You can buy big bags of single flavours too, paprika are my fave so I get a big bag and weigh out and syn a bowlful :D x

M&S have also started doing the sweet and salty multipacks. They used to do one which had in it 2 salted, 2 sweet & salty and 2 cheese & onion. I haven't seen it in a while but then again I haven't looked for it.

You can get 45g bags of Butterkist light toffee popcorn from Sainsbury's! 6.5 syns a bag... not sure where else sells it... haven't seen it in asda or tesco!

The M&S salted is lovely and loads for 4 syns :) haven't tried the sweet and salted yet.

Found a multipack of sweet n salty popcorn in sainsburys today (own brand) - 4 syns per bag! They've started a section in my local sainsburys for cinema treats with the sweeties and all the popcorn is there with the big bags of sweets.

Metcalfes is also half price at the moment so pretty good value for a big bag :)

Found a multipack of sweet n salty popcorn in sainsburys today (own brand) - 4 syns per bag!

How big are these 4 syn bags of which you speak? Because a mate just rocked up with a stack of movies and an epic bag of them. I must have munched about 50 grams of those bad boys, they're way too moreish, I had to make her take them off me.

How big are these 4 syn bags of which you speak? Because a mate just rocked up with a stack of movies and an epic bag of them. I must have munched about 50 grams of those bad boys, they're way too moreish, I had to make her take them off me.

See attached piccie - they are only small (like a small bag of crisps size) but you do get a good amount per bag :)

Attachments

• image-4278438168.jpg
    image-4278438168.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 1,387
Back