pork joint - syns??

mfinnis

Hi guys...I've just put a pork joint in the slow cooker but can't find the syns online...I assume its free (on a red day) not going to be eating any of the fat but as its in the slow cooker I guess it will absorb some of it while cooking????

Never done a joint in the slow cooker before so hoping it turns out ok....Its a danepak pork loin joint if anyone knows the syn value please....

Thanks

It should be free. I can't find it on the syns website but pork is free on red so I wouldn't have thought it would have any syns.

It should be lovely and tender done in the slow cooker!

I often cook a pork loin joint in the slow cooker. When cooked I just make sure I only eat the lean.I only cook it in a small amount of water so the juices are a bit fatty tbh. Hubs has a bit of the juicy stuff but I make up a bit of packet gravy as I think the stuff in the bottom of the slow cooker would be loaded with the ole syns. I aways di a bit of apple sauce and stuffing to as it's fairly low syn if you just have a bit.
I do often do joints in the slow cooker and just eat the lean meat and it's never affected my weightloss.

Gammon very lovely in the slow cooker cooked, then cooled and sliced.

Lamb leg is also good with just a couple of inches of water in the bottom with garlic, rosemary and mint sauce in the bottom with the water.

The children will only eat meat cooked slow cooked!

Thanks guys.....keep going and peeking at it and it seems to be starting to cook!!! I am counting it as syn free as I couldn't find it online either.....if its not on the website - its free!!! (even choc!!)

meant to say....do you baste it at all or just leave it....I don't normally touch it when I've done casseroles etc but this is the first time I've done a joint....

I normally just leave a pork joint but normally turn a lamb leg over half way through, I am always surprised how quick they cook in a slow cooker and always end up turning it down to low while I cook the veg.

STEP AWAY FROM THE SLO-COOKER!
Seriously, don't keep taking the lid off as it allows all the heat to escape and your joint may take longer than the 4/8 hours required!

Its ok Rosie....I know to not take the lid off...am peeking through the top!! just checking I didn't have to baste it but am leaving it to do its thing!!!

Back