Pudding rice free but Porridge only Healthy Extra?

judywoody

I have been doing SW for a few years now off and on - while I was having my breakfast this morning, this question that has been annoying me for years popped up into my head again..

How can it be that I can have rice pudding for free (an probably a lot more than the usual HEX allowance for cereals) but I can't have porridge for free? They practically have the same calorie content
with porridge being a lot healthier! The extra fibre contains no calories either and white rice isn't what I would consider as healthy..

Anyone got a clue??

Thanks for the link Jens :thankyou:

Reckon that's a post on the wrong thread!!!

In answer to your question Judy, and without being flippant, it's just because that's the way it is! I guess some things have to be limited and cereals are one of them. I wouldn't have rice pudding as a breakfast, although I know some people do!

I'm not absolutely sure, but I've just checked a packet of porridge oats which is 7% fat and a packet of rice is 1.1% fat, so I guess that could be the reason.

7% Fat?? In Porridge Oats? Dear...

Ok, I started again this morning - I pepped up my porridge with a bit of polenta because 56 grams don't go very far :)

But then I realized that Millet is free on Green Days. Now I am completely confused. I can make myself unlimited Millet Porridge (which basically looks the same as normal oat porridge) for free??
Millet actually has a higher GI than Oats. And there is not much of a difference when it comes to fat content (4% vs 7%)

I really would like to know how that works out??

aaahhhh! What??? Polenta no longer free??? :cry:

Well, I haven't done Slimming World for a long time ;-)

No I don't :-( I would have to sign up again and I have neither money nor time at the moment...only got the old books..

Sorry to seem a bit thick but where do you get the 56g of porridge from. I understood the allowance for ordinary porridge oats was 35g? Now I'm confused as well ha ha!

is it not 28g (x2)?maybe it's in the old books:)

Back