Recipe Builder vs Tracker!!

bugsbunny2000

Proud to be a LOSER :)
Hi,

Did try a search but couldn't find my answer so thought i'd post here and ask.

The other day I had:

1 warburton squareish wrap (4pp)
33g chorizo (3pp)
some passata (0pp)
peppers (0pp)
mushrooms (0pp)
40g asda lighter mozzarella (2pp)

Which should add up to 9pp for the meal. I work this out using my iphone app ww tracker.

Today when I input this into recipe builder (esource) today it come up at 10pp. There is an explanation but I really don't get it - could anyone explain in layman's terms why the recipe builder adds extra points on???? It did this with some other recipes too.

Many thanks

Hi,

Did try a search but couldn't find my answer so thought i'd post here and ask.

The other day I had:

1 warburton squareish wrap (4pp)
33g chorizo (3pp)
some passata (0pp)
peppers (0pp)
mushrooms (0pp)
40g asda lighter mozzarella (2pp)

Which should add up to 9pp for the meal. I work this out using my iphone app ww tracker.

Today when I input this into recipe builder (esource) today it come up at 10pp. There is an explanation but I really don't get it - could anyone explain in layman's terms why the recipe builder adds extra points on???? It did this with some other recipes too.

Many thanks

I *think* it's because the recipe builder adds up the halves and fractions of a point etc, and then divides by the number of portions, whereas the app doesn't include them and just takes the whole point figure for each item and adds them together.

So for example (just making up the figures here) if the wrap was actually 4.4 PP and the chorizo was 3.2, then the app will just take 4 and 3 = 7, but the recipe builder would add them together to make 7.6, which it then rounds up to 8, adding the extra point onto your total. Does that make sense - it's a bit of an 'educated guess!'

Ah much more sense! Thank you :)

Tbh I'm gonna stick with tracker. I get more points and I rarely use recipe builder on a day to day basis...
Plus it hasn't hurt my weight loss yet! lol!

Back