Recipes suitable for 1st birthday party treats?

AlicePalice

Its my daughters first birthday on Wednesday (sob!) and a few of the family are coming over. I'll be doing the usual sandwiches, sausage rolls, biscuits, birthday cake - but I don't want to feel I am missing out!

Was going to do a pasta salad, perhaps some kind of potatoey thing, a bowl of berries, but also would like a little sweet treat! Any ideas of something which doesn't taste of sweetner?

The 1/2 syn roulade is yummy, its on the recipies section if you do a search. Also the giant jaffa cake recipe looks yummy!!!

xx

How About:

Jelly & Homemade Ice Cream (Yoghurt)

Jewelled Fruit Triffle - (Sw Recipe archive)

Mini Cheesecakes

If I think of anything else will post.

Hope that helps,

Hope you enjoy your daughter's first birthday (very special day) have the tissues handy.

Lyn

x

Mini cheesecakes!? Please - tell me more!

The giant jaffa cake is a wonderful idea - thank you!

Mmmmm Im hungry now! Thanks ladies!

Mini cheesecake

1 digestive biscuit
frylite better than butter
water
½ leaf unflavoured gelatine
2 tsp sweetener
4 tbsp Quark
1 tsp vanilla essence
Frozen (defrosted) fruit.

3½ syns

crush the digestive biscuit and place in a ramekin dish, add 1 tbsp warm water and a few sprays of frylite better than butter. Mix and press firmly for base.

Cut up the gelatine and add to 4tsp cold water to a small bowl, leave for 10 minutes. Place small bowl into a larger bowl with boiling water in it, and stir gelatine until dissolved. Allow to cool slightly.

In a bowl, put 4 tbsp quark, 2 tsp sweetener and 1 tsp vanilla extract and mix. Add gelatine and mix well. Spoon on top of the digestive base and level off.

Add fruit to top layer (I used cherries, but you can use whatever you have).

I cannot take the credit for this cheesecake, It was originally posted on minimins - I just browse through the recipes & copy them into another folder & print them off and place in my ever growing recipe folder.

Lyn x

YUM! Thanks so much :)

Back