reduced sugar and salt ketchup syn value please

F4ye

hi all

anyone know if heinz reduced salt and sugar ketchup has a syn value?

thanks

F4ye x

The only one I can find on the syns online is;

Heinz Tomato Ketchup 1 level tbsp

1 Syns on Extra Easy Original 1 Syns Green 1 Syns

If you can post the nutritional info I can have another look for you :)

oh thanks a million that would be great - here it is;

tomatoes (144g per 100g ketchup); spirit vinegar; sugar; salt; spice and herb extracts (contain celery); spice.

i was hoping that the low salt and sugar version would be no syns!!! would be great if you get a chance to find out or let me know how to and i will look it up myself.

thanks again

F4ye x

I think it's the same as the heinz ketchup called Balanz over here, (going on the amount of tomato's anyway) it's 75Kcal/100g and has 0.1g of fat (per 100g) (and even less saturated fat).

I would be interested to know as my daughter uses it (she finds it just as nice as original) and it might be handy to use in a recipe some time.

oh thanks a million that would be great - here it is;

tomatoes (144g per 100g ketchup); spirit vinegar; sugar; salt; spice and herb extracts (contain celery); spice.

i was hoping that the low salt and sugar version would be no syns!!! would be great if you get a chance to find out or let me know how to and i will look it up myself.

thanks again

F4ye x

You'll need to post the nutritional info so:
calories per 100g
carbs per 100g
protein per 100g

I'll be surprised if it is syn free, but there is a recipe for syn free tomato sauce on here somewhere.

I put the nutritional values into the calculator and it's ½ syn per tbsp.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 tbsp (16g)

Fat 0g
Calories 5
Carbohydrate 1g
Protein 0g

Now going to have to go and get some!

Just compared the nutritional values for both - normal Heinz ketchup is 1.5 syns for a 25g pot, and the reduced salt/sugar one is 1 syn per 25g.

A small saving, but might be worth it for those ketchup junkies!

I was just coming here to ask the same thing! Thanks ;)

This is great as I too am a ketchup addict...

Does anyone know off had if the 0.5 syn per tbsp also applies to Sainsbury and tesco own brand reduced salt & sugar ketchup?
I don't have a bottle with the information at the moment as have been trying to avoid it!

Thanks

This is great as I too am a ketchup addict...

Does anyone know off had if the 0.5 syn per tbsp also applies to Sainsbury and tesco own brand reduced salt & sugar ketchup?
I don't have a bottle with the information at the moment as have been trying to avoid it!

Thanks
I know this is an old post, but I'd also be interested to know this!

Back