Restuarant Suggestions

MrsCLW1

Hello ladies!
Just wondered, if anyone has any suggestions on any restaurants that offer low synned meals?
I know nandos spicy rice is free and some plain chicken is low, but my hubby's taking me out next Tuesday for a late valentines meal and I really do wana make the right choices!
Restaurants/ diners round here include
Prezzos
Nandos
Pizza Hut
Frankie and bennys
Pizza express
Weatherspoons

Many thanks :)

I went to Weatherspoons at the weekend and had a really big steak with a jacket potato and salad. Not a syn in sight if you don't put the dressing on and don't use the little butter pack they give you. (I did use the butter though, yum yum!)

Just to point out, Nando's spicy rice isn't Syn free. It is low Syn though! 2 Syns for a regular serving or 4.5 Syns for large. I'm not currently following SW, but when I was and wanted to stick to plan at Nando's I'd have butterfly chicken (3 Syns), mixed leaf salad and corn on the cob (without butter). 3 Syns for a really yummy and filling meal out is a bargain!

At Pizza Express you have a few options. If you want pizza, the best option to go for is the Leggera pizzas - the one with the hole / salad in the middle. These range between 20 and 22.5 Syns for the whole pizza, so although they are slightly over your daily allowance of 15 Syns, you could easily save a few Syns from the rest of the week to cover the extra. Or, if you really want to stay below 15 Syns, they do a Leggera salmon salad which is 7.5 Syns, and that includes dressing. Or a Leggera superfood salad with chicken for 8.5 Syns (although I think that is without dressing).

Prezzo I am quite unfamiliar with, as I've never been. But looking at the app it looks like their "light" pizzas are between 22 and 29 Syns, with Margherita being the lowest and Quattro Formaggi being the highest.

I seem to remember there being a chicken skewer meal at Wetherspoons which, if served with rice and salad, was Syn free or very low in Syns - except for the sauce which comes on the side. I think that was around 1.5 Syns per tbsp.

As for Pizza Hut and Frankie & Benny's, I think I recall both places being pretty un-friendly for SW'ers and most things having a high Syn value. So I'd maybe avoid those if you really want to stick to plan.

Hopefully this has given you a few ideas!

I don't know anything about the others, but I did go to a Frankie and Bennys a couple of months ago (NOT my choice!) and it was the worst food I have ever had, anywhere, ever.

Frankie and Benny's do have horrible service, and sometimes okay food but normally not (I do love their pulled pork) but overall its just microwave stuff.

My personal choice is always nandos, can keep it really slow syn, filling and satisfying and so tasty.

Wetherspoons do chicken and pepper scewers, with rice, salad and piri piri sauce and they are lovely, only need to syn the sauce (max 2) and any oil.

They also do sweet chilli noodles that come in at around 2.5 syns.

Have fun! X

Pizza express syns are in the app! I had a salmon salad last week for 7.5 syns and it was the most enormous salad I've ever seen- and delicious! Their Leggera pizza isn't worth it in my opinion- not nice enough or big enough!

The Harvester is really good ( If you happen to be able to find one maybe? )

If you Google search Harvester Syns, there is a Facebook page with lots of info, and the Slimming World site.

If you select meat, salad, jacket potato and veg etc, its all free, but add a few syn's for the oil they may cook your meat in. And the only other thing you need to syn is the sauce if you have any x

Frankie and Benny's do have horrible service, and sometimes okay food but normally not (I do love their pulled pork) but overall its just microwave stuff.

I had what was supposed to be the New Jersey Chicken - A whole fresh chicken breast topped with crispy bacon and pulled pork, smothered in our famous BBQ and jalapeño cheese sauces. Served with spicy onion rings, corn on the cob, coleslaw and your choice of house fries, salad or a jacket.

the chicken breast was small and dried up, the pork was greasy and slimy, the sauces were awful, the chips were not bad. The bacon, onion rings and corn on the cob were missing, and when I asked about them nothing happened except for a shrug.

And this was £15!! Horrible AND expensive!

I love harvester! But the nearest ones are either 1hours drive west or 1:45mins drive south east!
Thank you sooooo much for all your help. We've decided on a local 'diner' style place called arbuckkes. There I can get jacket spud and salad, so win win!? but thank you all, you've given me food for thought (literally) for further ventures out!

I had what was supposed to be the New Jersey Chicken - A whole fresh chicken breast topped with crispy bacon and pulled pork, smothered in our famous BBQ and jalapeño cheese sauces. Served with spicy onion rings, corn on the cob, coleslaw and your choice of house fries, salad or a jacket.

the chicken breast was small and dried up, the pork was greasy and slimy, the sauces were awful, the chips were not bad. The bacon, onion rings and corn on the cob were missing, and when I asked about them nothing happened except for a shrug.

And this was £15!! Horrible AND expensive!

I simply wouldn't have paid for that.

Back