Returning to calorie counting

Caz

Repeat Offender
I did calorie counting last year and lost a couple of stone but then I met my now boyfriend and it all went down hill a bit. We got a bit to lax about things, ate out too much and I put on about a stone and a half of the 3 that I'd lost. I've relost that again now and am down to 4 stone down and at my lowest adult weight. I've been doing a VLCD but it's just been too difficult and isn't for me anymore so I'm back here calorie counting. I'm 4 stone down now but have another 3 to go, hoping to get as much of that off as possible before my holiday on 21st August. Looking forward to chatting with you all :)

Hi Caz. Just wanted to say hello as I moved across to calorie counting this week too - I couldn't stay on slim & save, it was driving bad habits in me.

Slow & steady is the way but its going to be hard to accept 1-2 pounds after being used to losing 3 + a week I think (for me anyway).

How many calories are you aiming for a day? X

Hi Caz and Lilly, good luck - I'm sure you'll both do great with calorie counting if you have the mindset to keep to a VLCD!

Thanks ladies. Hi Lilly, I was finding that too. My Fitness Pal gives me 1460 a day so aiming for 1200-1460 a day. What about you?

Hiya!

These menfolk are terrible for our waistlines aren't they? Lol
I'm in a similar situation. My OH deployed to afghan last year and I did quite well losing anyone whilst he was gone. He got back in October, I have up smoking and now the stone is back! Meh!
Looking forward to sharing journeys xxx

Hi Caz. Just wanted to say hello as I moved across to calorie counting this week too - I couldn't stay on slim & save, it was driving bad habits in me.

Slow & steady is the way but its going to be hard to accept 1-2 pounds after being used to losing 3 + a week I think (for me anyway).

How many calories are you aiming for a day? X

I was starting to think it was just me!!!

I've been feeling really fed up because I lost the first stone and a half very quickly but every pound after has been a real fight and I was just feeling a little tired with it. With over 37 pounds to go, I am deffo in need of a kick up the bum!

I'm aiming for 1,200 - 1,500 a day & trying to get into the gym at lunchtime each day too.

I've gone over my calories a couple of times this week but am learning what works for me in terms of spacing things out so I don't get ravenous & binge.

It is def harder to keep motivated when you don't see changes straight away but I'm trying to remind myself that 1lbs add up to stones & once I'm at goal I really won't care how long it took me x

Back