Rubbish Loss - excersise to blame?

ABit_Batty

Hiya :wave:

I am thoroughly pee'd off :sigh: Last week i did 6 1/2 hours of exersising on my new Wii Fit (step class, hulahooping and shadow boxing) , stuck to the plan and thought I would have lost at leat 1lb. Imagine my dismay at hopping on the scales at WI only to be told I'd lost 1/2lb :eek::mad:

However, browsing the forum I've seen other people say the same so what am I doing wrong? :sigh:

This week I've been thinking ' hmm whats the bl**dy point trying so hard to get such a small 'reward' of 0.5lb, when my pal goes out at the weekend eats pizza and gets drunk and loses 0.5lb also :cry:

AArrggghhhh!

I've found that when I've not gone to the gym (4/5 times a week) eg due to illness or holidays - I've had good losses too (like 3 lb in a week).

At the start of September I had two weeks of small weight losses (1lb and 1/2 lb I think they were) and then in the last two weeks have lost 3 lb each week - and I've only been to the gym twice in the last two weeks due to illness and work commitments!

But saying that I think sometimes the small losses are due to me building up lean muscle tissue - or so I've been told.

I'll be getting back to it next week as usual (4/5 times a week at the gym) - since I still think that the longterm benefits will outweigh the lesser weight losses - the benefits being getting toned and increasing my lean muscle tissue so thereby increasing my metabolism (since this will be reducing as I lose weight - it takes less energy to carry less weight!).

Not sure if I've helped but for me, next time I have a month of small losses - where I was feeling a bit low about - I will think about

1) Varying my meals - changing my HEXs
2) Changing or reducing my exercise for a week or so.

I now only go to the gym once a week, I found when I went 3 times my weight losses were very poor. I don't know why this is but since I've only been going once my weight loss is a steady 4 pounds a week.

You will notice a gain when you start exercising but when it becomes your 'norm' it will make no difference unless you stop and then you may gain from the lack of exercise

Back