Salad dressing inspiration

Joshimitsu

Beer belly busting
Hey all,

Just wondering what people put on their salads? I've been through the recipe thread and the book.

I actually made my own mayo from the book... got to say it's not that great! Good from the angle that I know EXACTLY what's in it, but isn't very flavorsome. I notice people using Hellmans full fat mayo as it has a low carb count, is this really suitable for regular consumption, especially in induction?

What other dressings are people going for? Asking as my lunch at work now is pretty much consisting of salad and meat and sometimes cheese... Eg corned beef and stilton with some salad leaves is great! Just wondering what people are using as dressing to avoid me getting fed up!

Cheers,
Josh

Hi there,
I regularly use helmans and haven't had any problems. For a bit of variety:
Caesar dressing - add some vinegar to mayo and mix well. Then some oil to get balance of taste right. Then if you fancy some grated parmesan:)
I either make my own vinegrette with olive oil, vinegar, dash mustard and ground black pepper or frankly use newmans italian dressing which is 1.3 per 100g (not possible to use that much!)

Enjoy

I use bucketloads of Oak Lane from Tescos and then water it down - and sometimes add mustard, chilli flakes or curry pownder :)

If you want a really low carb mayo, you can get Sussex Valley mayo from Waitrose, it's about £1.99 but is just 0.2g carbs per 100g.

Back