scoffing shed loads of eggs here

Chunka_Malunka

Fat busting crime fighter
Jeez, im going through crap loads of eggs. I use 3 a day just for my oopsie rolls (which my daughter scoffs too and she isnt on atkins at 13 years old!). I might have egg for breaky with bacon or omlette for lunch.I think im going through about 30-35 eggs a week.
Trouble is, I fear Im going to DIE from some freaky egg overdose/cholesterol/chicken flu!

I love them, dont get me wrong, I just couldnt do this diet without them. I wish I could afford organic (I cant) so I get them from my local farmer at £1.40 a dozen. Really want to big up local farm eggs by the way and they are not strictly organic but nor are they battery.

Who eats as many eggs as me (not a competiton, mind!)

and should I really be moaning when the weight is dripping off me? lol

Me! Three for brekkie every day, and it worries me too!

I don't really eat that many eggs, I'm more of a meat eater, especially during induction I recall.

The only thing I can think of is they can make some people constipated, but I think that was too much egg mayo.
I don't like eggs too much, so just have 2 occasionally scrambled. I can't eat the white on its own.
I am going to attempt oopsie rolls today, I hope they are as good as everyone says, LOL. I have been trying to imagine what they taste like.

I tried the oopsie rolls at the weekend. Was really looking forward to them, but nearly threw up after eating a bit of one. The rest went in the bin. Maybe I didn't do them correctly, but I hated the texture of them! Alibongo - what is the soya milk like? I can't do without my cup of tea with milk in the morning and bought some, but am too scared to try it!

I eat two large eggs for brekkie every morning, usually scrambled with a touch of cream.
At a weekend I might also have an omelette for lunch. I might eat a lot more eggs if I could get them for the same price as you, Chunka! I think I'm paying almost twice the price in the supermarket. I love them, though, and used to eat them for brekkie regularly before I was Atkinsing (only with some scrummy buttered toast as well!)

Don't Boots now sell home cholesterol testing kits? Or you could get your doctor to test you if you're worried, but I've read loads of testimonials that cholesterol levels actually go down on the Atkins.

Alibongo - I'm going to try out the oopsie rolls too at the weekend! We'll have to compare results...

I'd get bored with so many eggs I think, I like a lot of variety in my eating and Atkins caters fantastically for that.
Don't Boots now sell home cholesterol testing kits? Or you could get your doctor to test you if you're worried, but I've read loads of testimonials that cholesterol levels actually go down on the Atkins.

Mine went down drastically after a couple of months on Atkins.

I tried the oopsie rolls at the weekend. Was really looking forward to them, but nearly threw up after eating a bit of one. The rest went in the bin. Maybe I didn't do them correctly, but I hated the texture of them! Alibongo - what is the soya milk like? I can't do without my cup of tea with milk in the morning and bought some, but am too scared to try it!

You have to make sure it is the unsweetened soya light (0.5 per 250 ml) there is alpro or Tesco in the red carton (not sure about other shops) normal soya milk is a lot higher.
Actually I can hardly tell the difference myself, it is a total life saver, I can't drink tea with cream it is minging, LOL. I wasn't totally sure about it the first time as it does have a little bit of a taste to it if you drink it straight, but not strong, now I love it.
Make sure you let the tea cool a little before you put in the milk, I haven't had a problem, but DH put it in really hot coffee and it went all curdly and yuck.

I eat a lot of eggs and my colestrol etc is fine
I got my nurse to trst me when I last went for my well women check lol

Well my oopsie rolls turned out ok, bit like very fluffy omelettes really, but made a very nice bacon and mushroom roll, bit tricky to hold, but I needn't have worried, it didn't last too long ;)
A great way to eat eggs though, makes a change from scramble.

i have oopsies with whipped cream and a splash of sugar free maple syrup. they are fabulous toasted and served with philly and pastrami or ham or bacon. My daughter loves them sprinkled with icing sugar on.

Ive mastered them now and can make them really fluffy. at just inder 1 net carb per roll, its sure is making my breadless life more interesting

Do you buy these oopsie rolls or make them?

Make them, this is the recipe I got (can't remember where from though)

Oopsie Rolls (Gluten-Free Buns)

3 large eggs
pinch of cream of tartar (1/8 tsp)
3 ounces cream cheese (Do not soften) (I used full fat Phili)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. (about 150C)

Separate the eggs and add cream cheese to the yolks. Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (if you're using the same mixer, mix the whites first and then the yolk mixture). Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly.

Bake about 30 minutes (You want them slightly softer, not crumbly). Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a rack and allow them to cool. Store in a loosely open sack and allow to rest on the counter before use (otherwise they might be too moist). Can be frozen.

Notes: If you are making these to be savory (for burgers) you can add dry mustard and dill or other seasonings to the yolk mixture. If you want a more sweet roll, add a very small amount of stevia natural sweetener to the yolk mixture.

Makes 6@ about 85 calories a piece, >1 carb per
Induction Friendly, Gluten-Free

I must try those Ali, have you posted it in the recipe section so it doesn't get lost?

Will definately give them a go, will report back how I get on. Thanks

Forgot to ask - Why are they oopsie rolls?

So will I,

Yes I wondered that as well. :D

I believe someone was trying to make the atkins revolution rolls and instead of 3 tbs of cream cheese used 3 oz, and they tasted way better, and they were named oopsie rolls.

i bloody loves them.

Back